Home » Community (page 343)

Community

Holiday Toy And Bicycle Giveaway, Santa Is Making His List

Written by Paul Hall – COARSEGOLD – The third annual Bicycle & Toy Giveaway for underprivileged mountain kids is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15. The event is a collaborative effort with G’ma and Pappa’s Motorcycle Apparel and the Sierra Shadow Casters Motorcycle Club based in Coarsegold. Last year, children ages 3 to 12 years from all over ...

Read More »

Treetop Gallery Features Abbott, Marco And Shell

MARIPOSA — The Mariposa County Arts Council invites the public to an opening reception featuring work of local painters, Linda Abbott and Michelle Marco, and ceramicist Fran Shell on Thursday, Nov. 15, from 4:30 – 6 p.m. at the Treetop Gallery in historic downtown Mariposa. Light refreshments will be served. Linda Abbott, a previous long-time resident of Yosemite Valley, has ...

Read More »

Minarets’ Twist On Mamma Mia The Musical

By Francine Soliz — O’NEALS — Originally a musical but taken into the hands of directors, “Mamma Mia” has been entertaining romantics around the world. Being the media-driven school we are, of course we invested time in producing “Mamma Mia” in all its glory. Kayla West, the director for our high school drama club, is jumping with joy. “It is a fun ...

Read More »

Yosemite Unified School District Special Board Meeting

OAKHURST — The office of the Superintendent of Yosemite Unified School District has announced a special meeting of the Board of Trustees. The meeting will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 6:30 p.m. in the YUSD office board room, located on the campus at Yosemite High. The special meeting is related to the current search for a permanent district superintendent and ...

Read More »

Soroptimist Gold Country Chili Cook-Off

OAKHURST — Ladies and gentlemen, get your beans in order. It’s time for the Gold Country Chili Cook Off, sponsored by the local Soroptimist service club, dedicated to helping women and girls in the immediate area and around the world. The sweet and spicy event takes place on Saturday, Nov. 10 at the Oakhurst Community Center, from 5 to 9 ...

Read More »

Architects Present Update On Oakhurst College

OAKHURST — Plans are moving forward for the new Oakhurst Community College Center, and the public is invited to attend a community forum where managers will provide an update on the project. In 2016, voters approved Bond Measure C, addressing the needs of the State Center Community College District (SCCCD) and setting aside about $25 million for the new Oakhurst Community ...

Read More »

First Place At FFA National Convention

By Autumn Pecarovich and Colby Jobinger —  O’NEALS — To increase their ability to become premier leaders, 19 Minarets FFA chapter members traveled more than six hours to the FFA National Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana, from Wednesday through Saturday, Oct. 24 – 27.  Over the course of the week, they attended convention sessions where they heard from motivational speakers, current ...

Read More »

Free Training For Volunteers To Help Animals In Disasters

MARIPOSA – If you are interested in helping animals when disaster strikes your area, this is your chance to make a difference. The Central California Animal Disaster Team (CCADT) is hosting a volunteer orientation workshop on Wednesday, Nov. 14, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Mariposa Government Center. The CCADT is recruiting volunteers who live in Mariposa County and ...

Read More »

ACT Dog Of The Week: Funny Boy Chewy

The Animal Compassion Team (ACT) foster and adoption Dog of the Week is Chewy. “Hi! My name is Chewy because I kinda look like Chewbacca from Star Wars. Aren’t I adorable? I am a Brussels Griffon mix and while I may have funny hair, I also have a funny personality. “I love all dogs and cats and people, I have a ...

Read More »

Madera County Fall Job Fair 2018

COUNTY — If you know someone who is looking for a job or perhaps a whole new career, please pass this on: the Workforce Development Board of Madera County and the City of Madera Parks and Community Services have organized a fall job fair. The event is set for Thursday, Nov. 1 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Pan American ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online