Home » Community (page 345)

Community

ACT Dog Of The Week: Sweet Chocolaty Chip

The Animal Compassion Team (ACT) foster and adoption Dog of the Week for SNO is a super-sweet pit bull named Chip. “Aren’t I the cutest? Just like you need chocolate chips in your cookies, you need me in your life! “I’m a wiggly, happy youngster, about nine months old, weighing about between 55 – 70 pounds. I’m good with other ...

Read More »

Smile For Coarsegold’s Free Dental Day

COARSEGOLD — It’s the season of gratitude and a smile is definitely something to be thankful for. Thus, the sixth annual Free Dental Day with Dr. Jacob Geyer is set for Saturday, Nov. 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Golden Hills Dental in Coarsegold. Attendees will be seen on a first come, first served basis and will be able to receive either ...

Read More »

This is Us: Jennifer Moss

Every one of my interviewees have asked, “Are you going to write one about yourself?” So I dug deep, looked inward, and here is one of my stories. I went through a rough time of being bullied in middle school. I ate lunch alone every day, until one day a girl asked to sit with me and that was the ...

Read More »

Tenaya Lodge Ice Skating Rink Opening For The Season

FISH CAMP — The covered ice rink at Tenaya Lodge opens for the season this month, giving skaters the best of both worlds — shelter from the elements, yet still open to the great outdoors — and auspiciously close to bonfire, delicious food and tasty beverages for kids and adults, as well. Tenaya’s sparkling white ice rink measures an expansive 80-feet ...

Read More »

Toys For Tots Kicks Off In Eastern Madera County

MADERA COUNTY — As the holiday season begins to draw near, our local Marine Corps League Detachment 1121 members gear up for the annual campaign that has been making Christmas wishes come true for needy children since 1947. Now, the 2018 Marine Corps Toys for Tots campaign in Eastern Madera County has begun with the placement of toy donation boxes ...

Read More »

OCI Focus On Staff: Laurel Duckworth

By Eileen Holladay —  OAKHURST — Laurel Duckworth says she became a teacher because she wanted to spend as much time as possible with her sons, Shane and Ian. Inspired by her own mother, also an educator, Mrs. Duckworth has been teaching for 20 years; this is her ninth year at Oak Creek Intermediate. She enjoys teaching math and PE, ...

Read More »

Oakhurst Scouts Place Flags To Honor Veterans

OAKHURST – Scout Troop 316 spent Saturday afternoon placing flags on the graves of those who served in honor of Veterans Day. Members of Cub Scout Troop 316 gathered at Oakhill Cemetery to ensure that local veterans are recognized with colors flying on this special day. For nearly 50 years, the scouts of Troop 341 performed this duty, and they ...

Read More »

Meet Mimi, ACT Dog Of The Week

The Animal Compassion Team (ACT) foster and adoption Dog of the Week is back with beautiful black Lab and Terrier mix puppy, Mimi, who barely survived to this age. “Hi, I’m Mimi and my foster mom says I’m a friendly and loving girl, approximately five months old and weighing about 15 to 20-pounds right now. “I’m blessed to have gotten ACT’s ...

Read More »

Coffee And Donuts With Madera County Sheriff’s Foundation

OAKHURST – The Madera County Sheriff’s Foundation invites the public to a meet-and-greet at Judy’s Donuts in Oakhurst on Saturday, Nov. 17, from 7 to 10 a.m. The Madera County Sheriff’s Foundation objectives are to promote civic spirit in support of law enforcement. They would love to get to know you over coffee and donuts, served up free for this ...

Read More »

Free Thanksgiving Meals At Public Coffee House In North Fork

NORTH FORK – Public Coffee House, in collaboration with the North Fork Public Library, will serve a free Thanksgiving dinner and breakfast the weekend before the holiday. On Friday, Nov. 16, PCH will provide a turkey dinner from 5 to 7 p.m., and on Saturday, Nov. 17, they will serve a breakfast of biscuits and gravy. All mountain area communities ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online