Home » Community (page 341)

Community

What The Bears Are Up To In Yosemite

YOSEMITE —  As Yosemite National Park officials work to protect bears by reducing the number of incidents between bears and humans, bear activity in Yosemite National Park continues to decrease. Compared to this same week in 2017, the lowest year on record, bear incidents in 2018 are down by 43 percent and damage amounts in dollars are down by 64 ...

Read More »

Adventist Health Welcomes New Nurse Practitioner

OAKHURST – Adventist Health proudly welcomes family nurse practitioner, Gina Ragsdale, FNP, to the team practicing at Adventist Health Medical Office – Oakhurst East. Ragsdale received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from the University of Texas at Arlington in Arlington, Texas. She completed her training as a Family Nurse Practitioner with Chamberlain College of Nursing in Downers Grove, ...

Read More »

Remembering Don H. Smith

Don H. Smith, a 30-year resident of Oakhurst, passed away November 4, 2018, at age 88. He was born in Glendale, California, to Harvey and Geneva Smith. During the years 1951 and 1952 Don served in the U.S. Army in Berlin, repairing radios on Army jeeps. For the next 27 years he worked as a technician for Beckman Industries in ...

Read More »

Winter Operations Begin In Yosemite’s Mariposa Grove

YOSEMITE – Yosemite National Park has announced that winter operations in the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias to begin on Friday, Nov. 30. The Mariposa Grove will be closed to automobiles for the winter season beginning on Friday. The Mariposa Grove Shuttle Service also ends for the season on Nov. 30. Visitors can use the South Entrance parking area and ...

Read More »

Adventist Health Raises Funds For Camp Fire Relief

SONORA – Adventist Health has raised $686,391 as of Nov. 15 to aid in the relief effort for associates from Adventist Health Feather River who have lost their homes to the Camp Fire in Paradise, CA. It is estimated that at least 600 homes have been lost by Adventist Health associates in the Paradise area. The nearly $700,000 in donations ...

Read More »

Philip Steven Girmant – “An Amazing Life”

Philip Steven Girmant – February 14, 1935 – November 7, 2018 Philip Steven Girmant was born in Rochester, NY, on Valentine’s Day in 1935, to Anthony Josephus Girmantas and Marie Imogene Rossiter. His father, Tony, was born in Lithuania and came to New York as a small boy. In the 1930s, Tony served in the U.S. Army. Philip’s mother was ...

Read More »

ACT Dog Of The Week: Sweet Chocolaty Chip

The Animal Compassion Team (ACT) foster and adoption Dog of the Week for SNO is a super-sweet pit bull named Chip. “Aren’t I the cutest? Just like you need chocolate chips in your cookies, you need me in your life! “I’m a wiggly, happy youngster, about nine months old, weighing about between 55 – 70 pounds. I’m good with other ...

Read More »

Smile For Coarsegold’s Free Dental Day

COARSEGOLD — It’s the season of gratitude and a smile is definitely something to be thankful for. Thus, the sixth annual Free Dental Day with Dr. Jacob Geyer is set for Saturday, Nov. 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Golden Hills Dental in Coarsegold. Attendees will be seen on a first come, first served basis and will be able to receive either ...

Read More »

This is Us: Jennifer Moss

Every one of my interviewees have asked, “Are you going to write one about yourself?” So I dug deep, looked inward, and here is one of my stories. I went through a rough time of being bullied in middle school. I ate lunch alone every day, until one day a girl asked to sit with me and that was the ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online