Home » Community (page 374)

Community

YUSD Board Of Trustees Meeting, May 9 Agenda

OAKHURST — Yosemite Unified School District’s Board of Trustees regular meeting on Wednesday, May 9, will take place in the cafeteria at Yosemite High School. The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m., and the Agenda appears below. Yosemite Unified School District is comprised of Coarsegold Elementary, Rivergold Elementary, Yosemite High School, and an Educational Options program. In advance of the meeting, ...

Read More »

Mariposa Master Gardeners Host Transformative Workshop

COULTERVILLE — UC Master Gardeners of Mariposa County offer a free public Transformations Workshop on Saturday, May 12 from 10 a.m. to noon at Big Table Ranch, located at 10332 Fiske Road in Coulterville. Four half-hour stations will help attendees discover ways to transform their outdoor spaces in the wake of years of drought, fire, and tree mortality. Those in ...

Read More »

3rd Annual Garden Party To Benefit Boys & Girls Club

OAKHURST — Here’s an invitation to an evening with friends and neighbors, a little vino in the glass and vine in the dirt — all for a good cause: stop by Western Sierra Nursery on Wednesday, May 9 at 5 p.m. for the 3rd annual Garden Party to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Oakhurst (BGC). The evening is ...

Read More »

ACT Dog Of The Week: Meet Magpie

The Animal Compassion Team (ACT) foster and adoption Dog of the Week for SNO is Magpie. “Hi! I’m Magpie or Maggy! My foster mom says I am one goofball of a girl. I’ve been in my foster home for about five months now. I had seven puppies who all got adopted and now it’s my turn! “As you can see my ...

Read More »

Yosemite National Park Adopts Two Wild Mustangs

YOSEMITE — Yosemite National Park has adopted two mustangs that were trained in the Sacramento Sheriff’s Wild Horse Program to assist Park Rangers perform a variety of duties. The six year old geldings, Drifter and Sandman, arrived in the park in early April after four months of training by inmates at the Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center in Elk Grove, CA. ...

Read More »

Expanding Agriculture Education

O’NEALS — The end of the school year is quickly approaching and that means it’s time for Minarets students to start registering for next years classes. New for next year is the addition of a few new classes to the Agriculture Education program. Ms. Hall will be teaching an Agriculture Sales and Marketing class and Ms. Sweet will be teaching ...

Read More »

An Evening To Treasure: Alumnus SLE Becomes Tradition

By Mary Uribe and Maisy Fronteras —  O’NEALS — This month marks the return of the Minarets High School SLE “An Evening to Treasure,” hosted by the Freeland family on Friday, May 18 at Northpointe Community Church in northwest Fresno. In the words of Mr. Nathan Freeland, “An Evening to Treasure is to celebrate teens affected by disability through the ...

Read More »

Law Enforcement Memorial Ceremony Honors The Fallen

MADERA – Madera County will honor the Peace Officers who died in the line of duty in 2017 at the 11th annual Law Enforcement Memorial Ceremony on Tuesday, May 8, at noon in Courthouse Park in Madera. Sheriff Jay Varney will host the event, which will include the California Highway Patrol and other regional law enforcement agencies, and include the ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online