CLOVIS – Sierra National Forest (NF) announced today the solicitation for two recreation site special use permits in the forest.
Application proposals will be accepted for a period of 30 days, following a legal notice publication on June 22, in The Fresno Bee. This publication is the exclusive means for calculating the 30 day application acceptance period.
The Sierra NF is looking for campground concessionaires experienced in providing high-quality public services in the operation and maintenance of government-owned recreation facilities
One special use permit will be issued for each of the following permit areas:
Permit Area #1, located on the Bass Lake Ranger District, contains:
- The Bass Lake Complex — six campgrounds, eight day use areas, one boat launch, an R.V. dump station and one visitor center/operations office.
- The Merced River Canyon Complex — two campgrounds, three day use areas, and one boat launch
- The Upper Bass Lake Complex — 18 campgrounds and one day use areas
Permit Area #2, located on the High Sierra Ranger District contains:
- The Shaver Lake Complex — two campgrounds and one picnic area
- The Huntington Lake Complex — 10 campgrounds, one visitor center/operations office, three picnic areas, and one boat launch
- The High Sierra Complex — six campgrounds and one picnic area
- The Dinkey Creek Complex — four campgrounds and one picnic area
The same applicant could be selected for both offerings with two special use permits. The Sierra NF will issue the special use permit in December 2017, with the intention of the successful applicant(s) beginning operations during the 2018 calendar year.
Prospective applicants can find details about the application process by reviewing the Prospectus for Campground and Related Granger-Thye Concessions documents posted on the Forest website at www.fs.usda.gov/main/sierra or by contacting Jody Nickerson, Assistant Forest Public Services Officer for Recreation, at (559) 297-0706 ext. 4943 or email@example.com.
All applications must be on paper and received by the Forest no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on Friday, July 22, 2017. Complete proposals must be mailed to: Forest Supervisor, Sierra National Forest, Attention: Jody Nickerson, 1600 Tollhouse Road, Clovis, CA 93611.
Site visits to the campground complexes will be scheduled by the Sierra NF Public Service Program staff by request on July 5, 6, and/ or 7. Specific times, dates, and tour locations will be posted on the Forest website at www.fs.usda.gov/main/sierra.
Applicants must submit the required processing fee with each proposal. The selected applicant may be responsible for the costs of preparing and issuing the permit.
Additionally, the selected applicant will be required to undergo a Financial Ability Determination (FAD), unless the Forest Service has conducted a FAD for the applicant within the past year and no changes are necessary to bring it up to date.