OAKHURST — Yosemite Unified School District’s Board of Trustees will hold a regular meeting tonight, Sept. 10, at Rivergold Elementary School. The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m., and the Agenda included in this article. Rivergold is located at 31800 Road 400 in Coarsegold.
Yosemite Unified School District is comprised of Coarsegold Elementary, Rivergold Elementary, Yosemite High School, and an Educational Options program. The next regular meeting of the Board of Trustees is Oct. 8.
YUSD Superintendent search process opens:
The meeting will include the first of several opportunities for public input into selection of the District’s next superintendent.
Interim Superintendent Mike Berg sent the following email to YUSD families and staff:
I’m writing … to let all Yosemite Unified community members and staff members know about the selection process for the next permanent Superintendent.
The Board of Trustees has authorized me to serve as the district search agent as part of my current duties. An important part of the search is to solicit input regarding personal and professional characteristics one would hope the next Superintendent will possess. Several days and times have been designated for input as follows:
- September 10 at Rivergold Elementary, at the Monthly Board Meeting
- September 17 for CSEA Executive Board, in the Superintendent’s Office at 3:30 pm
- September 17 at Coarsegold Elementary at 5:30 pm
- September 18 for YUTA Executive Board, in the Superintendent’s Office at 3:30 pm
- September 19 for Management Staff, in the Superintendent’s Office at 3:30 pm
- September 24 at YHS, in the District Office Board Room at 5:30 pm
- School Staff Meetings still to be determined
Please take advantage of one of the aforementioned opportunities to assist the Board and me to develop the desired profile for the Superintendent search.
A draft profile will be presented at the October 8th Board Meeting, and the position will be advertised beginning October 15th, 2018.” — Interim Superintendent Mike Berg