Home » Community (page 542)

Community

Oakhurst Chamber Seeks New Executive Director

OAKHURST – The Oakhurst Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for a dynamic, forward-looking individual to serve as Executive Director, who possesses skills in the areas of social media, marketing, public relations, public speaking and event management. Darin J. Soukup, Ph.D., who has served as Executive Director since 2011, has accepted a position within the State Center Community College District ...

Read More »

Free Hazardous Waste Disposal Day

OAKHURST – Poke your head under the sink, check your garage and peek into your storage shed. If you see empty cans of paint, old oil filters, solvents, needles or any of a host of hazardous materials and want to get rid of them, you’re in luck. You can shed much of your excess household toxic waste on Saturday, July ...

Read More »

You Art What You Eat

OAKHURST – It’s been said we eat with our eyes before our mouth, and now you can easily do both in a most imaginative way, for free, on three different occasions. The public is cordially invited to a Celebration of Tasteful Art at local Timberline Gallery, which amounts to a splendid collaboration between 16 artists and 16 local restaurants, resulting ...

Read More »

Farewell Luncheon For JoAnn Griffin

NORTH FORK – JoAnn Griffin, a former teacher at North Fork School, is ready to give up her home of 50 years on Wild Rose Lane. She is moving to The Wyndham Retirement Home in Fresno, where she will be closer to to two of her four offspring. To give friends and former students a chance to say goodbye, family ...

Read More »

The Sewer Board Is Looking For A Few Good Men Or Women

Written by Dave Wolin – OAKHURST – You probably don’t often consider all that happens when you flush your toilet or throw the dinner remains down the garbage disposal. Well, if you live in the part of Oakhurst connected to the sewer plant, a very complicated system of pipes, pumps and machinery eventually transports all that to our sewer plant, ...

Read More »

Big Brothers Big Sisters Celebrate Summer

By Leticia Juarez Sisson – OAKHURST – Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Central Valley (BBBS) celebrated last week at the Summer Splash at Yosemite High School for those who participated in this year’s program. The Big Brothers Big Sisters program in the Oakhurst area started in February and continues to unite their bigs and littles with a little summer ...

Read More »

Mikey Ward Goes To “World Series”

By Robin Ward – OAKHURST – The South County Colts is a travel baseball team managed by Mike Molina, Steve Gallegos and Pete Ramirez coaching. They were #1 in the nation as an AAA team and were moved to Majors this year. Since the move they are #6, but are working their way up quickly. The team is comprised mainly ...

Read More »

Alli Patterson: Express Yourself

AHWAHNEE – Alli Patterson is many things to many people. She’s a loving daughter, a protective sister, and a good friend. Alli is a student, a photographer, a writer, and an activist. If there’s one thing Alli knows how to do — and actually, there are lots — it’s express herself. “I express myself through everything I do: music, photography, ...

Read More »

New Sierra Meadows Owners Make A Splash

AHWAHNEE – The For Sale sign has come down at Sierra Meadows Golf Course and Country Club, as the entire place is officially under new ownership. The 142-acre property was purchased from former owner Robert Bard by business partners Charlie Sheldon and Reid Spice. “Charlie and I have been friends and business partners for over 15 years,” says Reid. “We ...

Read More »

Spa Day at Tenaya Lodge

A favorite reward to myself is to indulge in a massage every once in a while. I headed up to the Ascent Spa at Tenaya Lodge for a Spa Day! Where: Tenaya Lodge, Ascent Spa Date: July 1, 2015 Lightning had been predicted at the high elevations where I like to hike and it was just too darn hot and ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online