Home » Community (page 540)

Community

Alli Patterson: Express Yourself

AHWAHNEE – Alli Patterson is many things to many people. She’s a loving daughter, a protective sister, and a good friend. Alli is a student, a photographer, a writer, and an activist. If there’s one thing Alli knows how to do — and actually, there are lots — it’s express herself. “I express myself through everything I do: music, photography, ...

Read More »

New Sierra Meadows Owners Make A Splash

AHWAHNEE – The For Sale sign has come down at Sierra Meadows Golf Course and Country Club, as the entire place is officially under new ownership. The 142-acre property was purchased from former owner Robert Bard by business partners Charlie Sheldon and Reid Spice. “Charlie and I have been friends and business partners for over 15 years,” says Reid. “We ...

Read More »

Spa Day at Tenaya Lodge

A favorite reward to myself is to indulge in a massage every once in a while. I headed up to the Ascent Spa at Tenaya Lodge for a Spa Day! Where: Tenaya Lodge, Ascent Spa Date: July 1, 2015 Lightning had been predicted at the high elevations where I like to hike and it was just too darn hot and ...

Read More »

Dan Cunning Retires from Yosemite Sierra Visitors Bureau

Written by Kim Lawson OAKHURST – After seven years, Dan Cunning has announced his retirement from the Yosemite Sierra Visitors Bureau (YSVB). Cunning became the CEO of the YSVB in August, 2008. Prior to making the move to Madera County, Cunning held a like position for the Lake Havasu (Arizona) Convention & Visitors Bureau, representing many varied segments of destination ...

Read More »

HOW Dinner Honors Lori Schumaker

OAKHURST – The local chapter of nonprofit organization Helping One Woman (HOW) will meet on Wednesday, July 15, at Crab Cakes Restaurant in support of Lori Schumaker of Coarsegold. Dinner is on Wednesday, July 15, at 6 p.m. Call Crab Cakes Restaurant for reservations: (559) 641-7667. Lori lost her husband in 2001 and raised her three boys on her own, ...

Read More »

Youth Boardgaming League At Oakhurst Library

Written by Monica McClanahan OAKHURST – The Oakhurst Library will be hosting a month-long Youth BoardGaming League every Monday starting July 20, from 10:30am to 12:30pm. The league is open to all young people in 5th through 12th grade. Imagine the thrill of sitting at the table with your opponents, carefully evaluating all your options, creating a successful plan of ...

Read More »

“Be The Power Of One” At Oakhurst Library

OAKHURST – The Oakhurst Library will host a very special event on Saturday, July 18 from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Susan and Tim Madden, co-founders of their non-profit organization, “Be the Power of One,” will be discussing their work in Haiti, which has been ravaged by recent storms and a 2010 earthquake. The Maddens and their organization have promoted Haitian ...

Read More »

North Fork Classic Car Show & Street Party

NORTH FORK – Hot August Night Classic Car Show and Street Party will be making downtown North Fork the place to be on Saturday, Aug. 8th from 5 to 8 p.m. Classic cars will line the street and make use of the parking areas from the Pizza Factory to The Studio at the other end of town with local clubs, ...

Read More »

Low Cost Pet Vaccine Clinic

OAKHURST – Pet owners know that vet bills can quickly skyrocket when a four-legged friend gets sick, and even regular pet care costs can get a little spendy. Luckily there’s help for that right around the corner. One way to protect your pets’ health is by bringing them to the low cost vaccine clinic for dogs and cats at Steve’s ...

Read More »

Hope from the Ashes

Story by AnnaRose Chaney OAKHURST – At the start of summer 2014, fires began plaguing the land and people of our community. For some, the flames were no more than distant spirals of smoke and ash that blackened the air and left the sky a bitter red. To others, the flames were omens of fear and chaos, and with them ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online