Breaking News
Home » Community (page 42)

Community

Three Bands And Catered Dinner At Squirrel Cage Spring Fling

NORTH FORK – Love is in the air this spring as Squirrel Cage Theatre Co. and the North Fork Studio present a very special Spring Fling. Due to the snowy weather in February, the North Fork Studio’s annual Valentine Dinner & Dance had to be postponed. Not wanting to miss out on this fun event, Squirrel Cage is teaming up ...

Read More »

Caring Veterans Hold Two-Day Stand Down Event

OAKHURST — The nonprofit Caring Veterans of America, Inc. invites all veterans and their families to a two-day stand down event at the Oakhurst Community Center on Friday, April 26 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and on Saturday, April 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The upbeat days offer friendship, free food, military gear, haircuts and entertainment. Organizers ...

Read More »

Plan To Plant It! Master Gardeners Spring Sale

By Bob Labozetta — MARIPOSA — Back by popular demand! The Annual Spring Plant Sale hosted by the UC Master Gardeners of Mariposa County is a-happenin’ on Saturday, Apr. 27, 2019 in the Amigo picnic area of the Mariposa County Fairgrounds from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. or until sold out. This beloved annual one-day plant and garden art sale ...

Read More »

North Fork Fire Department BBQ Features Helicopters And K9s

NORTH FORK – It’s time for the annual Tri-tip BBQ, put on by the North Fork Volunteer Fire Department Auxiliary. This year’s event is on Saturday, Apr. 27, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the North Fork School. This is the major fundraiser for the Auxiliary, whose members work hard all year to provide funds necessary to outfit Madera ...

Read More »

Workshop In Oakhurst Teaches Nonviolent Communication

OAKHURST – Bodhi Oak Zen Sangha is delighted to offer the foothill community a three-day workshop entitled “Compassionate Communication – A Language of Life,” based on the practice of Nonviolent Communication (NVC) developed by Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D. NVC is widely used and known internationally as a model of speaking and listening from the heart, a conflict resolution tool, a guide ...

Read More »

Aaron Hall Plans Minarets Military Appreciation Baseball Game

O’NEALS — Minarets High School senior Aaron Hall is once again working on a project to honor current and former military members, through the 4th Annual Military Appreciation Baseball Game. The son of Col. David Hall and Christina Lowry Hall, the Mustang senior has been a force behind this veterans baseball event since 2016, when his father was deployed to ...

Read More »

ACT Dog Of The Week: Meet Cuddly Dino

“Hi, I’m Dino! My foster mom says I am a very sweet and happy girl who’s excited for my forever home! I was rescued from a bad hoarding situation, but I’m well now and ready for a fresh start at life. I’m great with all dogs and cats and love to give gentle kisses and to cuddle.” Dino is about 5-7 ...

Read More »

Lisa’s List Of Three: Apple Cider Vinegar

The rule of three is a principle that suggests a threesome of events, characters, actions or activities is more humorous, satisfying, or effective than other numbers. We need not reach far to find examples of the rule of three all around us: three coins in a fountain, three piece suit, three wise men. We use the power of three to ...

Read More »

Yosemite National Park To Celebrate Earth Day April 20

YOSEMITE – Yosemite National Park will be celebrating Earth Day, National Junior Ranger Day, National Park Week, and John Muir’s Birthday on Saturday, April 20. There will be activities for all ages throughout the day and all activities are free. Join us at the Yosemite Valley Visitor Center in Yosemite Village from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online