Home » Community (page 359)

Community

Free Library Workshops On Self-Publishing For Authors

OAKHURST — As president and creative director of Ball Point Creative Design, Inc., local author Lauren Ball consults with clients to ensure the design of their book “captures the tone and vision” they had in mind. On Saturday, Aug. 11, Ball will present Part 1 of a two-part workshop at the Oakhurst Branch Library entitled “Self Publishing for Authors.” Ball’s ...

Read More »

CASA Hosts Mariposa Summer Fun Street Fair

MARIPOSA — Bring your extended family, and join with friends and neighbors in downtown Mariposa on Friday, Aug, 10 for the 2nd Summer Fun Street Fair. Closed off on 7th Street, the Fair runs from from 4 – 9 p.m. Organizers at CASA of Mariposa County say last year’s event was a huge success, with over 400 people in attendance. ...

Read More »

Sierra Tel Installs The First Of Multiple Wi-Fi Hot Spots

MARIPOSA – Sierra Tel is proud to announce the installation of the first of multiple Wi-Fi Hot Spots in our mountain area. It is located at the Mariposa County Visitor Center, 5158 Highway 140 in Mariposa. The Wi-Fi signal covers the parking lot, the Visitor Center and MoonBow Espresso. The first five minutes of the service are free. Users who ...

Read More »

Ferguson Fire News – Behind The Scenes In Lush Meadows

Submitted by Jeannie Harsha – MARIPOSA COUNTY – Smokey sunrises, fiery front-page photos, convoys of fire trucks and personnel – we see these every day in our foothill communities of late. I love the signs of support for our fire crews and law enforcement along the local routes that I travel. They like it, too. Some of them have told ...

Read More »

Learn About Gardening In The Foothills With Master Gardeners

Written by Greg Dunn – MARIPOSA – If you’re a foothill-area landscaper, gardener or would-be gardener, let the University of California Master Gardeners of Mariposa County help you with university-based research on gardening in our foothill locale. The UC Master Gardeners offer workshops, a free helpline, a website and a Facebook page (both overflowing with great tips and event notices) ...

Read More »

YUSD Believes In Continuous Learning For Students And Adults

Written by YUSD Interim Superintendent Mike Berg – OAKHURST – The learning never stops in Yosemite Unified School District (YUSD), where leadership has been developing and planning a dynamic two days of Professional Development for all employees to kick-off this school year. YUSD knows the value of including all staff and community in the development of and aspirations for student ...

Read More »

Star Wars Tribute At Public Coffee House In North Fork

NORTH FORK – The public is invited to a summer Star Wars tribute at Public Coffee House in downtown North Fork this Saturday, Aug. 4 from 1 to 4 p.m. Dress up in costume or come as you are, and party like you’re in outer space! The original Star Wars movie will be shown, and there will be Star Wars ...

Read More »

This is Us: Judy DeRosa

“I was always an artist. When my mother wrote my name to help me learn it, I was more interested in the different colors than the letters. Although I’ve had various jobs, they’ve all centered around art or design. “I even taught art in a women’s prison. There was a program called Arts and Corrections and I really felt like ...

Read More »

The History Mystery #66

Submitted by Karen Morris – We have many military uniforms on display at the Coarsegold Historic Museum and we need more information about them. This is a picture of one from WWI. We’re not sure what the patches on the sleeves are for and are hoping someone out there may be able to help. Any information would be appreciated. Please ...

Read More »

Haroleen Sue Bethel-Bowlan

Cherished mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend, Haroleen Sue Bethel-Bowlan passed away on July 24, 2018 in Oakhurst California. Haroleen was born on January 10, 1949, the eldest child of Velma Chepo and Harold Bethel. She grew up in North Fork with siblings Sandra, Robert, and Brenda. Haroleen met Frank Smith at Sierra High School and together they had three children, Michelle, ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online