SACRAMENTO – A FEMA Mobile Registration Intake Center opens Wednesday, Nov. 4, in Fresno County to serve Creek Fire survivors. It will be open Monday through Saturday until further notice.
The center is part of the ongoing response and recovery mission for FEMA and the State of California to support survivors with uninsured losses.
It is located at the Heritage Center, 3115 N. Millbrook Ave., Fresno, CA 93703. Hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST.
Survivors can register with FEMA for federal aid in one of three ways:
• Online at DisasterAssistance.gov;
• By downloading the FEMA app to a smartphone or tablet; or
• By calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585) between 7 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. PST. Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, Innocaption or CapTel, should provide FEMA with the specific number assigned to that service when they register.
• The helpline staff can also answer questions about applications already submitted.
• Deadline to register is Dec. 16.
Registration enables FEMA to determine residents’ eligibility for financial assistance that may include rent, home repair, home replacement and other serious disaster-related needs such as childcare, transportation and medical, funeral or dental expenses.
All FEMA disaster assistance will be provided without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment), religion, national origin, age, disability, limited English proficiency, economic status, or retaliation. If you believe your civil rights are being violated, call 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585(TTY/TDD).
FEMA’s mission: Helping people before, during, and after disasters.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is the federal government’s primary source of money for the long-term rebuilding of disaster-damaged private property. SBA helps businesses of all sizes, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters fund repairs or rebuilding efforts and cover the cost of replacing lost or disaster-damaged personal property.
For more information, applicants may contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955. TTY users may also call 800-877-8339. Applicants may also email email@example.com or visit SBA at SBA.gov/disaster.