AHWAHNEE — One woman with $10 can buy another woman lunch. Ten women with $10 can buy another woman’s groceries. One hundred women with $10 can make a real difference in another woman’s life.
This month’s Helping One Woman (HOW) recipient is Amanda Lathrop and her HOW dinner will be on Wednesday, September 21, at 6 p.m. at The Hitchin’ Post, located at 42592 Hwy 49, in Ahwahnee. See map below.
Amanda is lovingly sponsored by Stefanie Romero.
Please RSVP by Sunday, September 18.
Amanda Lathrop is truly one of a kind. Amanda has three sons with her high school sweetheart, Jason. The community knows Amanda and Jason well as their boys play football and participate in many school sports. They are always helping others. Amanda enjoys watching the kids play sports and hanging out with friends and family.
In January 2018, Jason developed a headache and a loss of strength in his hands. They took him to the hospital, where Jason was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumor called a glioblastoma. Jason and Amanda found a doctor who helped him beat his tumor.
About a month ago, Jason started having dizziness, balancing issues, and feeling very sick. They got in with the doctor and did a new scan. The doctor delivered horrifying news and confirmed Jason’s tumor had returned. But instead of just one, he now has two aggressive tumors; this isn’t the news anyone wanted to hear. Amanda is working hard to find new resources and prepare Jason to fight this new battle.
Raffle and auction items can be dropped off at Tokens, located at 40410 Hwy. 41, Oakhurst, Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The HOW Oakhurst team includes Sue Higgins, Jennifer Snyder, Nancy Fikkert, and Kim Morris.
Click here to reserve seats.
H.O.W. It Works
• You must reserve your seat on mysosevent.com in advance. We begin check-in at 6 p.m., drawing at 7 p.m. Dinner is open seating. RSVP deadline is Sunday, September 18, at 11:59 p.m.
• To reserve your seat visit mysosevent.com, search for the event “HOW Oakhurst Celebrates Amanda Lathrop.” Sign in, click RESERVE, SELECT a TICKET. Bringing guests? ADD ANOTHER TICKET for each guest.
• Dinner to be purchased from the restaurant. Important: Your dinner reservation does NOT include the recipient gift of $10 which is payable at the door.
• A $10.00 minimum monetary recipient gift is collected at the door, payable in cash or check only. Checks to be made payable to Amanda Lathrop.
• Raffle, silent and/or live auction items available! Prize drawing tickets available for purchase. $1 per ticket or $5 for six tickets.
• ALL monies collected are gifted to our recipient, Amanda.
• Interested in contributing a prize drawing, auction item or donation? Drop off your gifts Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Tokens, 40410 Hwy 41 in Oakhurst. Not able to deliver? We can also arrange pick up. Contact a HOW Leader for help.
• Men and well-behaved children are welcome to attend our events!
• Want to make your own nomination? Simply attend our HOW Dinner and complete a nomination form. One person may complete one nomination form per dinner, so bring friends! Not sure your recipient qualifies to be nominated? Contact HOW Oakhurst for guidelines. Amanda will randomly draw next month’s nominee at the end of the evening.
• You do not have to know our recipient to attend a HOW Dinner. Everyone is welcome!
The overwhelming emotional and heartfelt support that we give our recipients is the energy behind the Helping One Woman Organization. We look forward to sharing this energy with you Wednesday, September 21st when we will honor Amanda. ♥