Burn Permits Required –
The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) Madera-Mariposa-Merced Unit (MMU) reminds residents that hazard reduction burning in Eastern Madera County must be conducted with a valid San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District (SJVAPCD) permit.
Permits are available at the following Eastern Madera County fire station locations:CAL FIRE Ahwahnee – 43033 Highway 49 South, Ahwahnee, CA 93601
CAL FIRE Bass Lake – 38333 Rd 223, Oakhurst, CA 93644
CAL FIRE Rancheria – 53488 Road 200, O’Neals, CA 93645
CAL FIRE Raymond – 34951 Road 606, Raymond, CA 93644
Madera County Station 8 Indian Lakes – 47050 Road 417, Coarsegold, CA 93614
Madera County Station 12 Oakhurst – 48355 Liberty Drive, Oakhurst, CA 93644
The following guidelines apply when conducting a hazard reduction burn:
Property owners conducting hazard reduction burning are responsible for checking the burn day status by calling the SJVAPCD prior to igniting their hazard reduction pile.
SJVAPCD Fuels Reduction Program 1-877-429-2876
• Clear all flammable material and vegetation within 10 feet of the outer edge of the burn pile.
• Keep a water supply close to the burning site.
• An adult must be in attendance with a shovel until the fire is out.
• No burning shall be undertaken unless weather conditions (particularly wind) are such that burning can be considered safe.
• Remember NO household trash or garbage can be burned.
Wildfire is coming. Are you ready? Getting your property ready for the coming fire season by creating 100 feet of defensible space around all structures is an excellent way to protect not only your home, but your neighborhood and community as well.