Boys & Girls Club announces 11th Annual Christmas Tree Live Auction partners
OAKHURST — This year’s premiere holiday event, benefitting the Boys & Girls Club of Oakhurst and other local charities, will be held on Sunday Dec. 2, in Bass Lake Event Center’s Lake View Room.
Doors open for the silent auction, raffle, hors d’oeuvres and complimentary champagne at 3 p.m. Bidding for the Live Auction begins at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $30 per person or four for $100, advance purchase only, and can be purchased at the Event, or through their Online Auction website at www.BiddingforGood.com/BGCOakhurst.The most unique aspect of this annual event is the number of groups involved and the many charities who benefit from it. Each of the live auction items are created by a different organization or business. The Boys & Girls Club receives 25% of the winning bid and the contributing organization’s choice of charity receives the remainder. Some groups allocate 100% of their item’s winning bid to the Club.
“We love to be involved in this event each year. It is always so fun to see all the trees, wreaths and the silent auction items,” said Jill Althizer of Helping Hands Pregnancy and Parenting Center, a long time Live Auction partner. “I enjoy the festive atmosphere, visiting with friends and the delicious food.
“I especially love how this event benefits the Boys & Girls Club and many other wonderful organizations that meet the needs of many in our mountain community. Attending this event is the perfect way to start off the holidays.”
“We have had many new organizations seeking to join in this opportunity and are happy to announce the final list of groups who are invited to participate in and benefit from this great event,” said co-chair Rima Runtzel.
- Bass Lake Event Center – Full Sized Tree to benefit Boys & Girls Club
- Children’s Museum of the Sierra – Wreath
- Coarsegold School 4th Grade Class – Full Sized Tree
- Cornerstone Counseling Center – Table Top Tree
- Disney 49 Ears – Wreath
- H.O.L.I.D.A.Y.S. Hallmark Ornament Keepsake Club– Full Sized Tree to benefit Children’s Museum of the Sierra
- Friends of Ahwahnee Hills Park – Full Sized Tree
- Helping One Woman (H.O.W.) Group – Table Top Tree
- Helping Hands Pregnancy & Parenting Center – Full Sized Tree
- Jim Smith – 5′ Carved Bear to benefit Boys & Girls Club
- Manna House – Table Top Tree
- Mountain Area Artists – Full Sized Tree
- Mountain Bear Fan Club – Full Sized Tree & Wreath
- Mountain Lions Club – Table Top Tree
- Oakhurst Feed & Pet Supply – Cork Wreath to benefit Mountain Lions Club
- Oakhurst Lutheran Church – Table Top Tree
- Oakhurst Sierra Rotary Club – Full Sized Tree to benefit Boys & Girls Club
- Positive Living Center – Table Top Tree
- Redwoods In Yosemite – Full Sized Tree to benefit Boys & Girls Club
- Rivergold School 1st Grade Class – Wreath
- Sierra Lions Club – Table Top Tree
- Sierra Sunrise Rotary – Full Sized Tree
- Soroptimist International of the Sierras – Full Sized Tree
- Stephanie Samuels – Full Sized Tree to benefit YHS Scholarship Fund
- Wild Wonderful Women & Friends – Full Sized Tree & Wreath
- Yosemite High School FFA Boosters – Table Top Tree & Wreath
“Supporters of each participating organization are their best bet at getting the highest bid for their Live Auction items,” said Runtzel. “We encourage those supporters to attend and to bid high!”
Helping One Woman (H.O.W.) will be decorating a table top tree for live auction.
“The Oakhurst chapter of HOW was established just this year. We have experienced amazing support from our community and have been able to provide help to several local women,” said Patti Fuentes, founder of the local chapter. “HOW is thrilled to be included in this year’s holiday tree auction, and to share this wonderful event with other local non-profit groups. We look forward to a fantastic, successful auction, and to continued growth in the new year.
Children’s Museum of the Sierra has participated for many years and plans to bring plenty of their own supporters to the event.
“The auction really showcases the cooperative spirit between the various non-profits throughout the region and we are excited to be one of those entities taking part,” said Jarrod Lyman, Children’s Museum President. “We have a couple of entries that we think people will be really excited about, and will want to have in their home to celebrate Christmas.”
This is the sixth year that an online venue has preceded the event. Through the website, supporters who might not be able to attend the event, because of geographical or any other type of conflict, can bid on items that are available exclusively online Nov. 19-30. The online auction also offers informative biographies about the many charities involved in the event.
Committee members are currently collecting item donations to be featured in the online and silent auctions. For more information about donations or becoming a sponsor, email the auction committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call co-chairs Donna Smith, 683-7213 or Rima Runtzel, 642-0313.
For more information about Boys & Girls Club of Oakhurst, visit www.BGCOakhurst.com.