Home » Community (page 418)

Community

Property Tax Relief For Victims Of Wildfires And Disasters

MADERA COUNTY — Property owners who have been affected by the recent fires in Madera County, or have suffered a disaster or calamity as defined in Revenue and Taxation Code Section 170, such as fire, earthquake, flood or accident – may be eligible for property tax relief. To qualify for property tax relief, you must file a claim with the ...

Read More »

Clampers Building New Monument In Yosemite Lakes Park

COARSEGOLD — The Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus (ECV), otherwise known as the Clampers, is working hard on another monument to the history of the west – this time in the community of Yosemite Lakes Park. While the Clampers are always open to some good old fashioned merry-making, they do have a very important mission – the ...

Read More »

Free Child Safety Seat Check-Up Event By Local CHP

OAKHURST — Officers from the California Highway Patrol, along with other certified technicians, will be conducting a car seat check-up event on Saturday, Sept. 23, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Sierra Vista Presbyterian Church. Did you know that critical misuse for child restraints is about 73 percent? Don’t put your child in danger – let the experts ...

Read More »

Get In While You Can: The Trading Post Is Closing

OAKHURST — Bad news and good news: first, the bad news. After a long and successful 37-year run, the well-known and loved Oakhurst business – The Trading Post – will close its doors within the next two months. The good news? “We don’t plan on being gone forever,” says Oakhurst-born co-owner Natashia Burrell. “I’m planning on opening a new shop ...

Read More »

What a Deal! Thrifting In The Oakhurst Area

If you’re a thrift store junkie like I am, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the various shops we have here in the Yosemite area. I’ve gotten so many deals at the thrift stores here in town, half my house is decorated with my fun finds. I mean, why pay retail if you can recycle? And when you’re ready for a ...

Read More »

ACT Dog of the Week: Meet Prince

The Animal Compassion Team (ACT) foster and adoption program has a new Dog of the Week for Sierra News Online. “Hi, my name is Prince and my foster mom says I am about the cutest little guy ever. I’m a 10-week old Terrier mix who is about 5 pounds now, and I will be about 10-20 pounds when full grown. ...

Read More »

Mountain Heritage Day Parade In Pictures

OAKHURST — There’s that moment when you’re sinking into your chair at a small town parade. It’s a beautiful day, you’ve got a front-row seat, a bottle of water (it’s morning, after all), maybe you have the kids or the grandkids on your lap and — most importantly — you made it to the parade! You put aside the chores, ...

Read More »

Brandon Healey: President’s Scholarship To CSULB

AHWAHNEE – Brandon Healey of Ahwahnee has been named a 2017 President’s Scholar as part of the incoming freshman class at California State  University, Long Beach (CSULB) and as such has received a scholarship. “The President’s Scholars program continues to be one of the best of its kind in the nation,” said CSULB President Jane Close Conoley. “The students selected and ...

Read More »

Fundraiser To Help Victims Of The Mission Fire

NORTH FORK — The community is invited to a fundraiser at Grace Community Church on Sunday, Sept. 24, to benefit North Fork residents impacted by the Mission Fire. The fundraiser will be a Brownie Sundae social time starting at approximately 11:30 a.m. in Grace Hall behind the church. This time is devoted to enjoying homemade brownies with strawberries and a ...

Read More »

September HOW Dinner Honors Lynn Oliver

AHWAHNEE — The nonprofit group Helping One Woman (HOW) is meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 20, at the Hitchin’ Post restaurant to honor Ahwahnee resident Lynn Oliver. The evening of food, fundraising and friendship begins at 6 p.m. Lynn has worked at the Hitchin’ Post for 11 years, say organizers, and is a “loving and caring person,” who recently survived a major stroke ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online