Breaking News
Home » Community (page 30)

Community

Restorative Pilates At The Community Center

Starting Monday, Feb. 27 – Wednesday, Apr. 17, Virginia Eaton leads Restorative Pilates classes at the Oakhurst Community Center, twice a week. See flyer below for details. About 15 years ago, I ruptured a disc in my back (L5/S1 for those who like details). My doc was sure that surgery was in my future but I had other ideas. After ...

Read More »

Art Exhibit Opening: Yosemite Renaissance 32

YOSEMITE — Yosemite Renaissance is an annual exhibit presenting diverse artistic interpretations of Yosemite and the Sierra Nevada. This year, 65 works by 61 artists were selected from 846 entries. The exhibit includes paintings, sculpture, textiles, photographs and three-dimensional works by artists from across the country. The public is invited to join the artists and others for an special reception and presentation of ...

Read More »

PG&E Opens Annual “Better Together” STEM Scholarship Program

SAN FRANCISCO — Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) today is inviting high school and college students throughout central and northern California to apply for a Better Together STEM Scholarship. The program awards a total of $100,000 in scholarships annually to local high school, community college and non-traditional students pursuing higher education in the engineering, computer science, cyber security and environmental sciences. ...

Read More »

Family Medicine Physician Joins Adventist Health

OAKHURST — Dr. Sue Stone has joined Adventist Health / Community Care – Oakhurst East and Madera Ranchos. Dr. Stone has been practicing family medicine for 35 years. “My approach to medicine is to first find out what’s causing the problem,” says Dr. Stone, “whether it’s diet, emotional issues, or underlying infections, and try to correct it.” Dr. Stone grew up ...

Read More »

Two Public Meetings In Raymond This Week

RAYMOND — There will be two public meetings in Raymond this week, one on Tuesday, Feb. 21 and a second on Thursday, Feb. 23. On Tuesday, the campaign committee, Citizens, Firefighters, & Deputies for Measure L is holding a public safety forum at the Leaders for Christ Training Center at 6:30 p.m., to discuss the proposed Madera County Public Safety ...

Read More »

Fresno Flats Historic Park Reduces Rates For Events

OAKHURST — The newly reorganized Board of Directors in charge of Fresno Flats Historical Park wants community members and visitors alike to know they are open from dawn to dusk daily, and are now offering newly reduced rates at very competitive prices with newly reduced fees. In some cases, the cost for rental of facilities for parties, weddings, graduation celebrations, meetings and special ...

Read More »

Yosemite Girls Basketball Team Heads To Playoffs

OAKHURST — The sixth-seeded Yosemite High School girls basketball team is heading to the Central Section Division II playoffs in Porterville on Thursday, Feb. 23, playing the third-seeded Monache High School at 7 p.m. Click on images to enlarge. Team members (back row from left to right) Grace Fries, Sophie McGoldrick, Allison Bernardi, Siena Oswald, Hailey Rich, (front row left ...

Read More »

North Fork Boosters Host Citizen Of The Year Dinner

NORTH FORK — The community of North Fork will name its Citizen of the Year for 2016 at a dinner and celebration on Saturday, Feb. 25, at the Town Hall. This is the 38th year that the community will gather to celebrate its most honored citizen — someone chosen as being representative of the spirit of service and giving that ...

Read More »

Measure L Is About First Responders, Family And Neighbors

Guest Column written by Gary Gilbert — I would like to introduce myself. I am Gary Gilbert the former Cal Fire/ Madera County Fire Chief (seven years) and Madera County Supervisor for District 5 (eight years, from 1999-2006), and a resident of Eastern Madera County for 31 years. I believe I have a unique perspective on Measure L. Measure L ...

Read More »

Nina Farley-Bates Is Healing Minds In Oakhurst

OAKHURST — A licensed clinical social worker with 20 years of experience as a psychotherapist is helping to heal minds at Adventist Health / Community Care in Oakhurst. Nina Farley-Bates is a native of Kingsburg who graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from California State University, Fresno. After earning her degree, she went on to earn a Master of Social ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online