Breaking News
Home » Community (page 30)

Community

Kiwanis’ Pancake Breakfast Sunday

OAKHURST — Members of the Sierra Oakhurst Kiwanis invite the community to enjoy a hearty pancake breakfast this weekend, and as usual, the good members of Kiwanis will pull out all the stops to fill your tummy. The breakfast hero is pancakes, surrounded by eggs of any style, ham, sausage, coffee, orange juice and milk. It’s at the Oakhurst Community ...

Read More »

Library Workshop On Medicare

By Celeste Wheeler — OAKHURST — Susan Hatch is a licensed, independent insurance agent who represents all Medicare Supplement plan types offered by various companies. She says that January 2017 will usher in quite a few almost “shocking” changes to many senior health plans that people need to know about now. Susan will discuss these upcoming changes in a special workshop at ...

Read More »

Walt Bannon Drilling Celebrates 80 Years, Three Generations

OAKHURST — “Better call Bannon!” Whether it’s a new well that needs drilling or an older well that needs fixing, those words have been spoken nearly countless times in these foothills when it comes to the tricky business of getting drinkable water up and out of the ground. Now, it’s time to say, “congratulations!” as Walt Bannon Drilling celebrates an impressive ...

Read More »

Ladies of the Lakes Holiday Boutique

COARSEGOLD — Mark your calendars for a fun time with great shopping for the holidays, close to home, as a variety of wonderful artists, crafters, and vendors gather for the day. Ladies of the Lakes Women’s Club invites the community to their event, Home for the Holidays, on Saturday, Nov. 5 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The action takes place at ...

Read More »

Record Number of Visitors for Summer

OAKHURST — Visit Yosemite Madera County tallied a milestone recently in the record number of visitors walking through their new doors this summer. That means there were more dollars spent at local attractions, hotels, restaurants and shops by visitors to the county and the south gate entrance to Yosemite National Park. The number of guests at the visitors’ center on Highway 41 this summer totaled 18,174. Compare that ...

Read More »

Hillside Baptist’s 8th Annual Shoe Giveaway

NORTH FORK — Once again the generous folks at Hillside Baptist Church will be providing those in need with new shoes ahead of winter. This Saturday, Oct. 22, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., North Fork, Wishon and O’Neals children who are pre-kindergarten to 12th grade and in need of shoes are invited to come by the church and have ...

Read More »

Lawson Studios Takes Over Idea Print Works

OAKHURST — Lawson Studios LLC has announced its acquisition of Idea Print Work. Victor Weitzel founded Idea Print Work, a screen printing and embroidery company with advertising specialty products, in 2000. Lawson Studios, a local family-owned business specializing in graphic and print design, will officially take over Idea Print Work on Oct. 25. Victor will be staying on to train ...

Read More »

My Campaign Signs Have Been Taken Down

This morning, when I went outside to get some things done, I found my campaign signs for Hillary Clinton, Bob Derlet and Robert Carabas had been taken down. The Hillary sign was covered with dirt and debris. I cleaned the sign and put it, and the others back up. I find it sad that there are so many people in ...

Read More »

Zombie Walk Benefits Local Spay And Neuter

OAKHURST – Be on the lookout for the undead soon, as local thrift shop Cause-4-Paws has set the date for their 7th annual Zombie Walk. It’s on Saturday, Oct. 22, starting at 5:30 p.m. Organizers say about 100 members of the community, including kids and adults, will join together and dress up as “The Walking Dead,” slowly leaving the thrift shop at ...

Read More »

Grand Re-Opening At Historic Hardware Store

B & B Hardware sees new life and a new owner. NORTH FORK — In this little town with a big heart lies one of California’s rare commodities these days – an old time hardware store with all the charm to boot. B & B Hardware has been around as long as most of us can remember and for the ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online