WAWONA – The County will be picking up pine needles Monday through Friday, June 3 – 7 in the Wawona area. Here are the guidelines for those wishing to avail themselves of this service:1. Place materials adjacent to roadways so they can be accessed easily with front loaders
2. Material must be in place PRIOR to event week
3. Only vegetation material will be picked up. No household garbage, construction materials or large/longer than 3 feet branches, please.
4. Only one pile per property, and it should be placed away from trees or other obstructions so that the loader can pick up the material. If your needle pile is between or against trees/rocks, it will necessitate hand loading the material into the loader or dump truck, slowing down the process and unnecessarily delaying the pickup of needle piles for the total community of Wawona.
5. We have the County services for one week only.
6. Yosemite National Park, DNC & UC Merced properties are not included in the pick-up.
7. If your address is on an out-of-the-way street or you have any questions, you can call or e-mail
Greg Ollivier, Solid Waste Manager, 209-966-5165 or his cell 209-742-3263, email@example.com. That way your pile won’t be missed. This helps the County staff serve as many as possible during the time allotted.