MADERA COUNTY – Rebecca Martinez, County Clerk-Recorder & Registrar of Voters, wants to remind voters who Vote by Mail to return your ballot early and most importantly remember to SIGN your blue return identification envelope.
A Vote by Mail ballot cannot be counted without a signature.
If you already returned your ballot, and the signature was missing or does not match Elections Division records, you will receive notification and a form for your completion.
Voted ballots returned by mail must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received within three days of the election to be considered timely.
No postage is needed to return your ballot by mail. Ballots may also be dropped off at secure Ballot Drop Boxes or to any Vote Center in Madera County.
To avoid lines, vote before Election Day. Vote Centers are open on weekends!
If you don’t want to vote the ballot that was mailed to you, you can vote at any Vote Center in Madera County.
- Madera County Government Center, Lobby, 200 W. 4th Street, Madera
- Oakhurst Community Center, Pavilion, 39800 Road 425B, Oakhurst
These Vote Centers are open Oct. 27 to Nov. 5, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Nov. 6, Election Day, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- City of Chowchilla Civic Center, Council Chambers, 130 S. 2nd Street, Chowchilla
- Liberty High School, Theatre, 12220 Road 36, Madera Ranchos
- Oak Creek Senior Living Community, Clubhouse, 46041 Road 415, Coarsegold
- John Wells Youth Center, 701 E. 5th Street, Madera
These Vote Centers are open Nov. 3 to Nov. 5, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Nov. 6, Election Day, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
BALLOT DROP BOXES – Outside – drive up/walk up access
- Madera County Government Center, 200 W. 4th Street, Madera
- City of Chowchilla Civic Center, 130 S. 2nd Street, Chowchilla
- North Fork Tribal Office, 33143 Road 222, North Fork
These Drop Boxes are open Oct. 9 to Nov. 5, 24 hours per day, and on Nov. 6, Election Day they will close at 8 p.m.
Ballot Drop Box and Vote Center locations, dates and hours of operation can be found in your County Voter Information Guide and on the website www.votemadera.com.
To check the status of your Vote by Mail Ballot online, visit www.votemadera.com.
For more information, contact the Elections Division at 559-675-7720 or toll free at 800-435-0509.