YOSEMITE — Yosemite National Park announces the release of the Bridalveil Fall Rehabilitation Environmental Assessment (Bridalveil Fall EA).
The public comment period for the Bridalveil Fall Rehabilitation Environmental Assessment is currently open and will be open until Mar. 14.
The Bridalveil Fall EA describes and analyzes two action alternatives to improve visitor services and facilities located near Bridalveil Fall. The preferred alternative (Alternative 3) would:
- Replace vault toilets with flush toilets at the Bridalveil Fall Parking Area.
- Construct a new accessible loop trail from the Bridalveil Fall Parking Area to a viewing platform.
- Enhance the Bridalveil Fall Parking Area within its existing footprint to improve safety and reduce traffic congestion.
- Expand the existing viewing platform for Bridalveil Fall.
- Improve safety and traffic congestion along Bridalveil Straight along Southside Drive.
Yosemite National Park initiated public scoping and tribal and agency consultation for this project in spring 2017.
Yosemite is hosting a public meeting in Mariposa on Feb. 28 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Mariposa County Government Center in the Board Chambers. This will provide an opportunity for members of the public to learn more about the Bridalveil Fall EA, interact with park staff, and ask questions about the project.
On Thursday, Mar. 1, Yosemite National Park will host a public webinar about the Bridalveil Fall Rehabilitation project from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. To view the webinar, visit https://yose.webex.com.
The Bridalveil Fall EA is available for review and public comment. Public participation is an important element of the planning process, say park officials, and they welcome your comments. Please share your written comments by Mar. 14, via one of the following methods:
· Online through the Planning, Environment, and Public Comment (PEPC) website at https://www.parkplanning.nps.gov/bridalveil. To request printed documents (available in limited quantity), email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 209-379-1221.
· By mail (must be date-stamped by Mar. 14) to:
Superintendent, Yosemite National Park
Attn: Bridalveil Fall EA/Superintendent
P.O. Box 577
Yosemite, CA 95389
The NPS will prepare a decision document after analysis of public comments and conclusion of agency consultation. This rehabilitation project implements an action prescribed in the Merced Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan.