MADERA COUNTY — Members of local service organizations will want to take advantage of the opportunity to have their questions answered about Measure L — the proposed Public Safety Sales Tax slated for the Mar. 7 special election — as representatives from the County and VRPA Technologies, Inc., make presentations to local groups.
As part of the public outreach, dozens of presentations have been scheduled across the county over the past few months, affording citizens the chance to learn more, ask questions or express their concerns about the measure.
Here is a list of the upcoming presentations. If you belong to one of these groups and want to learn more, be sure to attend a meeting in your area:
- Tuesday, Feb. 7 — Bass Lake Chamber of Commerce 10 a.m. at Bass Lake Homeowner’s Association office, 54348 Road 432 in Bass Lake
- Tuesday, Feb 7 — Oakhurst Elks – 5:30 p.m. at 42484 Highway 41, Oakhurst, Location to be confirmed
- Wednesday, Feb. 8 — Oakhurst Sierra Noon Rotary 12 p.m. at El Cid Restaurant, 41939 Highway 41 in Oakhurst
- Thursday, Feb. 9 — Oakhurst Area Chamber of Commerce Women in Business Luncheon 12 p.m. at El Cid Restaurant, 41939 Highway 41 in Oakhurst
- Thursday, Feb. 9 — Visit Yosemite| Visitors Bureau meeting 3 p.m. at 40343 Highway 41 in Oakhurst
- Thursday, Feb. 9 — Golden Valley Chamber of Commerce meeting 6:30 p.m. at 37167 Avenue 12, Maywood Center, Suite 5C, in Madera
- Tuesday, Feb. 14 — Chowchilla Lioness Lions Club meeting 7 p.m. at Chowchilla Fairgrounds, 1000 S. 3rd Street in Chowchilla
- Thursday, Feb. 16 — Chowchilla Rotary Club meeting 12 p.m. at Farnesi’s Steakhouse, 230 E Robertson Blvd. in Chowchilla
- Thursday, Feb. 16 — Madera Ranchos Kiwanis meeting 6:30 p.m. at Ranchos Pizza Factory, 37184 Avenue 12 in Madera
- Tuesday, Feb. 21 — Kiwanis Club of Sierra Oakhurst meeting 12 p.m. at Best Western Yosemite Gateway Restaurant, 40530 Highway 41 in Oakhurst
- Thursday, Mar. 2 — Yosemite Gateway Association of Realtors meeting 8:30 a.m. at 40298 Junction Drive, Suite B, in Oakhurst
- Saturday, Mar. 4 — Oakhurst Democratic Club meeting 8:30 a.m. at Denny’s, 40650 Highway 41 in Oakhurst
Detailed information and Q&A about Measure L is available on the County’s website at http://madera-county.com/Proposed-Public-Safety-Sales-Tax.htm