BASS LAKE — Bring your boat or your float for the the season’s first “Movie on the Water” at Miller’s Landing Resort! The first movie of the season will be “Hook” starring Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman. Movie will start just before dusk (approximately 8:30 p.m.).
Click here for more information on the Summer events at Miller’s Landing Resort.
Date & Time: Friday, June 16, 2023 at 8:30 p.m.
Miller’s Landing Resort
37976 Road 222
Wishon, CA 93669
10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Peter Pan
- Created by J.M. Barrie: Peter Pan is a fictional character created by Scottish author J.M. Barrie. The character first appeared in Barrie’s 1902 novel “The Little White Bird” and later became more popular in the stage play and subsequent novel “Peter and Wendy” in 1911.
- Neverland: Peter Pan is the boy who never grows up and lives in a mythical place called Neverland. Neverland is a world of adventure and imagination, where Peter Pan and the Lost Boys battle pirates led by the infamous Captain Hook.
- Inspired by Real People: Barrie was inspired to create Peter Pan after befriending the Llewelyn Davies family, particularly the youngest son, Peter Llewelyn Davies. Barrie often played with the boys and their imaginary games, which served as the basis for the character and his adventures.
- Fairy Dust and Flight: In the story, Peter Pan is able to fly by sprinkling himself with fairy dust. The idea of flight and fairy dust adds a touch of magic to the character and is one of the iconic aspects of Peter Pan.
- Lost Boys: Peter Pan is the leader of a group of boys known as the Lost Boys. These boys are children who have fallen out of their prams or cribs and were not claimed by their parents, ultimately ending up in Neverland.
- The Darling Family: In the story, Peter Pan visits the Darling family in London and takes Wendy, John, and Michael Darling with him to Neverland. The Darling family serves as a contrast to the fantasy world of Neverland.
- Arch-nemesis: Captain James Hook, better known as Captain Hook, is Peter Pan’s arch-nemesis. He is the villainous pirate captain who seeks revenge on Peter Pan for cutting off his hand and feeding it to a crocodile.
- Tinker Bell: Tinker Bell is a fairy who serves as Peter Pan’s companion and sidekick. She is known for her jealousy and often becomes a source of tension in the story. Tinker Bell has become one of the most recognizable characters associated with Peter Pan.
- Adaptations and Popularity: Peter Pan has been adapted into various forms of media, including plays, films, and animations. Some notable adaptations include the 1953 Disney animated film “Peter Pan” and the 2003 live-action film “Peter Pan” directed by P.J. Hogan.
- Legacy: Peter Pan has become an enduring symbol of eternal youth and the power of imagination. The character has captivated audiences for over a century and remains a beloved figure in children’s literature.
Bonus Fact: “Peter & Wendy” (1911) was the first time that the name “Wendy” appeared anywhere.
Check out the trailer for “Hook.”