OAKHURST — Cal Fire, the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) and UC Extension, in partnership with Madera County District 5 Supervisor Tom Wheeler’s office, will be hosting a Reforestation Workshop for forest land owners and foresters on Thursday, Apr. 27, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Oakhurst Community Library.
This workshop is appropriate for landowners of any sized property in Eastern Madera County.
Presenters will include:
• Ray Laclergue – Intermountain Nursery, Owner
• Jodi Axelson- Forestry Advisor, University of California Cooperative Extension
• Stewart McMorrow – Stewardship Forester, Cal Fire
• Doris Van Goidsenhoven– L.A. Moran Reforestation Center, Cal Fire
• Zolt Katay– Forestry Assistance Specialist (Southern Region), Cal Fire
• Johnnie Siliznoff– District Conservationist, NRCS
• Forest ecology following heavy tree mortality
• Reforestation basics
• Preparing the ground for planting
• Selection of nursery stock
• Treating competing vegetation
• Land owner assistance programs that are currently available
Please RSVP no later than Friday Apr. 14, to Supervisor Tom Wheeler’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no cost for this workshop. Limited space available.