Breaking News
Home » Headlines » 4-Year-Old Boy Seriously Injured in Accidental Electrocution

4-Year-Old Boy Seriously Injured in Accidental Electrocution

OAKHURST — A four-year old boy was severely injured Monday night in Oakhurst after being electrocuted while playing with a power inverter.

The accident happened about 5 p.m. at a home on the 40000 block of Road 425a, according to a report from the Madera County Sheriff’s Office.

Emergency responders were called to the residence after the child was injured.

MCSO deputies, CAL FIRE and Sierra Ambulance personnel provided medical aid to the boy who was subsequently transported by ambulance to the Vons parking lot where he was transferred to a Sky Life helicopter and then transported to a trauma center in Fresno.

Further details about the boy’s condition late Monday night were unavailable.

Sarah Jackson, a spokesperson for the Sheriff’s Office, reminded mountain area residents to be vigilant when young children are playing around potential electrical hazards.

“Remember to teach your children about electrical safety and make your home as safe as possible,” Jackson said.

For electrical safety tips for parents, click here.

Leave a Reply

Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online