AHWAHNEE — Join Helping One Woman Oakhurst when they celebrate the May Recipient, Tania Reed. Tania is lovingly sponsored by Jessica Reed & Molly LaBaer Taylor. ♥
This month’s Helping One Woman (HOW) recipient is Tania Reed and her HOW dinner will be Wednesday, May 17th at 6 p.m. at The Hitchin’ Post in Ahwahnee. See map below.
When: Wednesday, May 17th at 6 p.m.
Where: The Hitchin’ Post, Ahwahnee.
RSVP deadline is Sunday, May 14th.
Click here to RSVP.
Check out Helping One Woman Oakhurst on Facebook!
The Hitchin’ Post
42592 Highway 49
Ahwahnee, CA 93601
About Tania Reed
On March 26, 2023, Tania Reed was taken to the ER with partial paralysis on her right side and encephalopathy. The doctors found a lesion in her spinal cord. After a month, they still didn’t have a diagnosis other than some kind of inflammatory disease. She will be working with a therapist for her paralysis. It will be three months until they know how much function she will regain. Since she suffers from vertigo and paralysis she is unable to drive so the family is helping out.
Tania has six girls, (21, 15, 11, 9-year-old twins, and a 2 1/2-year-old). She is has been a caregiver for the elderly for the past 27 years working for IHSS in-home support services. She is an NA and was currently working on her CNA’s license. Tania has always been a pillar of support for her family, friends and anyone in need and has dedicated her life to raising her kids and helping others. She is very humble and rarely asks for anything even when she needs help.
Although her family is extremely private when it comes to personal trials and tribulations it looks like there is a long road ahead and they will need all the help we can give them as they work against challenges and try to keep their family life consistent.
Thank you for coming and giving them your support.
HOW It Works
• You must RESERVE your free seat on www.MYSOSEVENT.com. We begin check-in at 6 p.m., raffle drawing at 7 p.m. Dinner is open seating. RSVP deadline is Sunday, May 14th.
• To reserve your seat visit www.MySOSEvent.com, search for the event “HOW Oakhurst Celebrates Tania Reed.” Sign in, click RESERVE, SELECT a TICKET. Bringing guests? ADD ANOTHER TICKET for each guest.
• Dinner to be purchased from the restaurant.
IMPORTANT: Your ticket reservation does not include the $10 recipient gift which is payable at check-in.
• If your plans change or you are unable to attend this HOW Dinner, PLEASE modify your reservation before the reservation deadline.
• A $10.00 minimum monetary recipient gift is collected at the door, payable in cash or check only. Checks to be made payable to Tania Reed.
• Raffle, silent, and/or live auction items available! Prize drawing tickets available for purchase. $1 per ticket or $5 for six tickets.
• ALL monies collected are gifted to our recipient, Tania.
• Interested in contributing a prize drawing or auction item? Drop off your gifts Tuesday thru Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Tokens, 40410 Hwy 41 in Oakhurst. Contact a HOW Leader if you’re not able to deliver.
• You do not have to know our recipient to attend a HOW Dinner. Men and well-behaved children are welcome to attend our events. In fact, everyone is welcome!
• Want to make your own nomination? Simply attend our HOW Dinner and complete a nomination form. One person may complete one nomination form per dinner, so bring friends! Not sure your recipient qualifies to be nominated? Contact HOW Oakhurst for guidelines. Tania will randomly draw the next month’s nominee at the end of the evening.
The overwhelming emotional & heartfelt support that we give our recipients is the energy behind the Helping One Woman Organization. We look forward to sharing this energy with you Wednesday, May 17th when we will honor Tania ♥
HOW Oakhurst Team
- Nancy Fikkert
- Sue Higgins
- Jennifer Snyder
- Kim Morris