OAKHURST — Join Helping One Woman Oakhurst for their second dinner of 2023 when they will honor their February recipient, Bettie Perry. Bettie is lovingly sponsored by Cheryce Chartier. ♥
When: Wednesday, February 15th at 6 p.m.
Where: The Hitchin’ Post, Ahwahnee
RSVP deadline is Sunday, February 12th.
Click here to RSVP.
The Hitchin’ Post
42592 Highway 49
Ahwahnee, CA 93601
About Bettie Perry
Bettie Perry has been a fulltime resident of the Oakhurst community since 1993. She is a hard worker and a longtime friend to so many in our town. Before moving here, she spent many years visiting from Merced during her childhood.
Starting in 1973 with The Church of Christ camp on Sky Ranch Road and then from 1975-1982 with Camp Green Meadows. You may remember Bettie’s smiling face from her work at Shari D’s and The Narrow Gauge Inn.
These days you may recognize her from H&R Block as she might be doing your taxes! Bettie has also been involved in organizing benefits for our local Teddy Bear Club and Valley Children’s Hospital. Currently, Bettie is treasurer of the non-profit motorcycle group Sierra Shadow Casters.
Their motto is “Riding for Others.” The group holds several events each year that benefit others; the latest being a poker run for the Mariposa Oak Fire Survivor Fundraiser. Bettie also enjoys crafting, seeing movies at Yosemite Cinema and her doggies and kitties. Bettie is a familiar face in the community with a huge heart always ready to help others. Now she needs our help.
This brings us to today. Before the first set of storms in early December, Bettie went up on her roof to clean the rain gutters. She tripped and did everything in her power to not fall off the roof head first. The result was a dislocated foot and a completely shattered ankle. Bettie has since had surgery to rebuild her ankle with rods, pins and more.
Bettie has not been able to work since December 8th and will not be released to return to work for at least another couple of months, or possibly longer. Medical bills and transportation are adding up fast and this is our chance to show her some love.
HOW It Works
One woman with $10 can buy another woman lunch. Ten women with $10 can buy another woman’s groceries. One hundred women with $10 can make a real difference in another woman’s life.
• You must RESERVE your seat on www.MYSOSEVENT.com. We begin check-in at 6 p.m., raffle drawing at 7 p.m. Dinner is open seating.
• To reserve your seat visit www.MySOSEvent.com, search for the event “HOW Oakhurst Honors Bettie Perry.” Sign in, click RESERVE, SELECT a TICKET. Bringing guests? ADD ANOTHER TICKET for each guest.
• Dinner to be purchased from the restaurant. IMPORTANT: Your ticket reservation does not include the $10 recipient gift which is payable at check-in.
• If your plans change or you are unable to attend this HOW Dinner, PLEASE modify your reservation before the reservation deadline.
• A $10 minimum monetary recipient gift is collected at the door, payable in cash or check only. Checks to be made payable to Bettie Perry.
• Raffle, silent and/or live auction items available! Prize drawing tickets available for purchase. $1 per ticket or $5 for six tickets.
• ALL monies collected are gifted to our recipient.
• Interested in contributing a prize drawing, auction item or donation? Drop off your gifts Tuesday thru Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Tokens, 40410 Hwy 41 in Oakhurst. Contact a HOW Leader if you’re not able to deliver.
• Men and well-behaved children are welcome to attend our events!
• Want to make your own nomination? Simply attend our HOW Dinner and complete a nomination form. One person may complete one nomination form per dinner, so bring friends! Not sure your recipient qualifies to be nominated? Contact HOW Oakhurst for guidelines. Bettie will randomly draw the next month’s nominee at the end of the evening.
• You do not have to know our recipient to attend a HOW Dinner. Everyone is welcome!
The overwhelming emotional & heartfelt support that we give our recipients is the energy behind the Helping One Woman Organization. We look forward to sharing this energy with you Wednesday, February 15th when we will honor Bettie. ♥
HOW Oakhurst Team
- Sue Higgins
- Jennifer Snyder
- Nancy Fikkert
- Kim Morris