PRATHER — The Goose Fire, burning just south of Prather off Gooseberry Lane and Morgan Canyon, is now estimated at 1,500 acres, and is still just 5 percent contained.
About 200 structures are threatened, and nearly 300 homes have been ordered to evacuate. According to Cal Fire, “multiple” structures have been damaged, but none destroyed.
There are currently 500 personnel assigned to the incident, including 60 engines, 15 crews and 12 dozers.
The Cal Fire Fresno-Kings Unit is the administrator of the Goose Fire and cooperating agencies include Fresno County Sheriff, Fresno City Fire, Clovis City Fire, Reedley Fire, Orange Cove Fire, CHP, Southern California Edison, PG&E, Caltrans and the Central California Animal Disaster Team.
The Fresno County Sheriff reports evacuations and closures as follows:
- Tollhouse to Nicholas Road
- Loper Valley Road between Nicholas and Auberry
MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDERS
- Gooseberry to Morgan Canyon
- Gooseberry to Lodge Road
- Black Mountain Rd south of Lodge
- Whispering Springs Lane from Lodge Road
- Lockwood Lane from Lodge Road
- Penny Royal Lane from Lodge Road
- Gooseberry at Morgan Canyon
- Lockwood at Morgan Canyon
- Black Mountain Road at Lodge Road
- Wintermute at Lodge
- Whispering Springs at Lodge
An evacuation center has been setup by Red Cross at Foothill Middle School located at 29147 Auberry Road in Prather.
A large animal evacuation center has been setup at Sierra High School 33326 Lodge Road in Tollhouse.
For assistance with small animal evacuation call 559-433-9663.
Public Information Line: (559) 790-6374
For more details and updates on the Goose Fire, visit http://abc30.com/news/wildfire-near-prather-forces-hundreds-to-be-evacuated-/1450372/