NORTH FORK–The Fork Fire started yesterday, Wednesday 9.7.2022, at approximately 3:30pm in the afternoon. The Fire started near roads 200 and 222 in North Fork and by sunset it had burned 400 acres. Evacuations happened at a frenzied rate and numerous aircraft in addition to firefighting ground crews poured into the area.
Currently the fire has burned over 700 acres and evacuations still remain in place. 400 homes are threatened according to CalFire. A cause has not been determined and no information about structures lost has been released. The fire is under the management of CalFire’s Madera, Mariposa, Merced Unit.
A Zonehaven evacuation map is being utilized by fire managers to streamline evacuation orders.
There is an immediate threat to life. This is an evacuation order to leave NOW. The area is being closed to public access. Take action immediately.
-Road 225 from Lark Lane to Italian Bar Road
Small animals can go to the Oakhurst Community Center at 39800 Fresno Flats Rd, Oakhurst, CA 93644 and large animals can go to the Coarsegold Rodeo Grounds at 44777 Rodeo Grounds Ln, Coarsegold, CA 93614.
The Central California Animal Disaster Team ( CCADT) is managing animal evacuations and shared the following information:
- Bring any special food or their own food, so as not to further upset their tummies.
- Bring a special toy to help provide more comfort.
- Bring any medication and we ask you to give it to them yourself.
- Please come back each day to help take care of them as your pet will do much better when they are helped and cared for by their owners.
- We prefer you return in the early morning and evening after 5PM to walk them. This lets them know you are still near and they have not been abandoned.
Please know and take comfort that they are being well taken care of under these unfortunate circumstances.
- Road 222 @ Road 200 (Road 222 Closed)
- Road 222 @ Carmen Ranch Road (Road 222 Closed)
- Road 225 @ Douglas Ranger Station Road (Both Roads Closed)
- Road 225 @ Tera Tera Ranch Road (Road 225 Closed)
More information is available on CalFire’s Fork Fire incident page.