COARSEGOLD – The Coarsegold Chamber of Commerce Board hosted their 2019 installation dinner and award presentation at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino on Friday, Jan. 11.
To set a festive mood, the room was decorated in the Coarsegold Chamber of Commerce colors of black and gold with orchids, gold table runners, balloons and fairy lights adorning the tables.
Gina Alexander, owner of Zanders Coffee, received the Women of the Year award.
The Chukchansi Pow Wow was recognized as Event of the Year with the award presented to David Works IV, and Special Recognition went to Laura Young as Volunteer of the Year.
Stepping into the role of president of the Coarsegold Chamber of Commerce for 2019 was Deniece Busse, who has been a Chamber member since 2010. Deniece served as vice president in 2018, and treasurer the previous two years.
“We are going to carry on past traditions and find new traditions for the upcoming year,” said Busse.
The 2019 slate of officers for the Coarsegold Chamber of Commerce are:
- President, Deniece Busse, Farmers Insurance
- Vice President, Debra Goodson, Bay Equity Home Loans
- Secretary, Aran Johal, Keller Williams Realty
- Treasurer, Melody Hilton, Melody Hilton Bookkeeping
- Laura Young, J. Carol Realty
- J. Carol Graham, J. Carol Realty
- David Works IV, Chukchansi Casino
The mission statement of the Coarsegold Chamber of Commerce is, “To promote the general welfare and prosperity of the area business community.”