FRESNO – With the Ferguson Fire forcing visitors out of many parts of Yosemite National Park, YARTS (Yosemite Area Regional Transportation System) has announced changes to its schedule.E
Effective Wednesday, July 25, all YARTS service to Yosemite Valley is suspended until further notice.
YARTS will operate on the following schedule on July 25, 2018:
Highway 41 (Fresno)
- Runs 22, 24 and 26 will arrive in Yosemite Valley by 10 a.m. with no passengers.
- Run 22 will depart Yosemite Valley Visitor center at 10:30 a.m.
- Run 24 will depart Yosemite Valley Visitor center at 11 a.m.
- Run 26 will depart Yosemite Valley visitor center at 11:30 a.m.
These will be the only buses leaving Yosemite Valley for Highway 41 destinations until further notice.
Highway 395/120E (Mammoth Lakes)
- Buses will depart as scheduled with the only destination being Tuolumne Meadows until further notice. Buses will hold in Tuolumne Meadows and return at the scheduled times.
Highway 120 W (Sonora)
- Runs 1, 2 and 3 will arrive in Yosemite Valley by 10 a.m. with no passengers.
- Run 1 will depart Yosemite Valley Visitor Center at 10:20 a.m.
- Run 2 will depart Yosemite Valley Visitor center at 10:50 a.m.
- Run 3 will depart Yosemite Valley Visitor center at 11:20 a.m.
Two additional buses will arrive at Yosemite Valley Visitor Center by 11 a.m. to take passengers going to Merced only. Those buses will depart Yosemite Valley Visitor Center at 11:25 a.m. for Merced.
These will be the only buses leaving Yosemite Valley for Highway 120 destinations or Merced until further notice.
Highway 140 (Merced/Mariposa)
- Will continue to operate on its modified schedule until further notice.
Any updated YARTS schedule for July 26 (and if effect until further notice) will be available on the YARTS website www.yarts.com and this, and all updated information will also will be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rideyarts.