OAKHURST — District 5 Supervisor Tom Supervisor Wheeler will be holding his first Town Hall meeting of 2020 this week. The community meeting will start at 6 p.m. Thursday (Jan. 30) at the Oakhurst Community Center.
Wheeler, who has represented the mountain area on the board of supervisors for more than a decade, is expected to speak on topics that include strategic wildfire mitigation, the new Oakhurst Government Center, Teddy Bear Lane, the Oakhurst Sewer project, the Hillview Water transition and the development of a new county recreational facility near Manzanita Lake.
A number of guest speakers also will be presenting short updates about existing and upcoming projects in eastern Madera County at the community meeting.
Deli Delicious will be providing free sandwiches for those in attendance.
Supervisor Wheeler has also released a complete schedule of 2020 Town Hall meetings. Those additional dates and locations include:
- Thursday, March 12 – Raymond – Raymond – Knowles Elementary School Cafeteria – 31828 Road 600
- Tuesday, April 28 – YLP – The Blue Heron – 30250 Yosemite Springs Pkwy, Coarsegold
- Thursday, May 28 – Coarsegold – Coarsegold Community Center – 35540 CA HWY 41
- Thursday, June 18 – North Fork – North Fork Rancheria Community Center, 56900 Kuhugib Road
- Thursday, August 13 – Bass Lake – Pines Resort, Lakeview Room, 54432 Road 432
- *Date to be determined – Ahwahnee – Wasuma Union Elementary School Cafeteria, 43109 HWY 49
- Thursday, October 15 – Oakhurst – Oakhurst Community Center, 39800 Road 425B
Please Contact Supervisor Wheeler at 559.662.6050 with any questions.