One-way Traffic Control on State Routes 49 and 140
MARIPOSA COUNTY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will perform various operations next week on State Routes 49 and 140.
Work is scheduled as follows:
• Moving lane closure for sweeping operations at Fairground Road Entrance and from the California Ranger Station to Bear Valley Point beginning Monday, September 26, through Tuesday, September 27, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Traffic breaks south of Penon Blanco Road/Haigh Road for utility work from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 27, 2022.
• One-way traffic control from Mocassin Creek to Bear Valley Road for shoulder work beginning Monday, September 26, through Thursday, September 29, 2022, from 7:00 .m. to 3:30 p.m.
• One-way traffic control from Morse’s Nursery to Triangle Road for tree work beginning Monday, September 26, through Thursday, September 29, from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Friday, September 30, 2022.
• Long-term one-way traffic control from Bear Creek Bridge to Bull Creek Road for slope repair and clearing through October 2022.
• One-way traffic control at various points from the Merced/Mariposa County Line to the beginning of the passing lane for highway construction beginning Monday, September 26, through Friday, September 30, 2022, from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Motorists should expect 10-minute delays and use alternate routes whenever possible.
This work is scheduled to begin as listed but is subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment, and/or materials, and construction-related issues.
For the safety of workers and other motorists, please Be Work Zone Alert.
For the latest road information, visit quickmap.dot.ca.gov