BASS LAKE — The Pines Resort is happy to announce that they have been named the Poppy Award winner for the best content marketing in California from Visit California.
The Visit California Poppy Awards honor the best and brightest of California tourism promotion. The awards are bestowed in even-numbered years and serve as the finale to Outlook Forum. This year’s awards featured eight categories encompassing core disciplines in tourism marketing and destination management. Poppy Award recipients are chosen by expert judges from the tourism industry.
Award categories include:
• Best Overall Destination Brand Identity
• Best Recovery Campaign
• Best Content Marketing (finalists: The Pines Resort, Palisades Tahoe and River Fox Train)
• Best Paid Social Media Campaign
• Best Cooperative Marketing
• Best Public Relations Campaign
• Best Influencer Campaign
• Destination Stewardship & Sustainable Travel Award
The Poppy Awards industry gala capped off two days of conference programs offered through the Outlook Forum. It was held on the evening of Feb. 15, 2022, in San Francisco. Mark Choe, General Manager, accepted the award on behalf of the Marketing & Sales Team.
This title means a lot to The Pines Resort, located on beautiful Bass Lake. It is a great recognition for all their hard work over the past two years. When the COVID-19 pandemic happened, the travel industry was hit hard with cancellations and restrictions. Their response was a shift to content marketing. It helped keep their guests engaged with the business, as well as stay relevant and helpful.
Video submission: https://youtu.be/px_2V8YAIhU
The Pines was recognized for all their efforts during the pandemic. They allowed their employees to stay employed and made the necessary adjustments to better serve guests and ultimately thrive as a business. “When COVID happened, we made a deliberate decision to become leaders, and come up with solutions regardless of what was thrown our way,” said Mark Choe.
Related Story: The Pines Resort: Surviving and Thriving During the Shutdown
Some of their efforts included:
• Offering affordable family meals and deliveries.
• Creating news videos to keep everyone updated on their business status.
• Hosting COVID-friendly events, including live-streamed concerts without audience (Bass Lake Live) or drive-through events.
• Creating content and communications, including e-mail campaigns, blog articles, flyers, promotions, giveaways, social posts, etc.
• Offering free micro-wedding giveaways in collaboration with local businesses.
• Creating the Family of Bass Lake Campaign, which recognized their loyal customers and invited them over for a free vacation.
As a result, the business was able to expand their audience on social media, as well as grow their subscriber list and reach more traffic.
The Pines’ Marketing Department consists of Dorota Petty, Marketing Manager, and has recently expanded to include Steven Sanchez, Videographer and Content Creator, and Kareem Hackett, Designer. The department is overseen by Mark Choe, General Manager.
“I am really proud of our team and their efforts, because last two years were really difficult and challenging, but we were able to power through all of the obstacles and survive,” finished Mark Choe.
Read more at https://blog.basslake.com/2022/02/16/poppy-awards-winner