OAKHURST – Gather up your friends and coworkers and show off your trivia knowledge during a spirited night of friendly competition this Saturday, Nov. 14, at the Sierra Lions Club’s inaugural “If I Only Had a Brain” Trivia Night.
Tom Wheeler is the distinguished Master of Ceremonies, and participants will be treated to a unique live auction and raffle.
There will be 10 trivia subjects with 10 questions on various subjects, and organizers anticipate a heated competition between the teams. No peeking at your cell phone or sneaking in a pocket dictionary! At the end of the night an annual “roving” trophy will be awarded to the table that answered the most questions correctly.
The event will be held at the Oakhurst Senior Center, and doors will open at 5 p.m., with check-in from 5:15 to 5:45 p.m.
For those who wish to nosh, a baked potato bar will include toppings, salad and dessert for just $10.
“See what the buzz is about and your group may just take home the traveling trophy!” say organizers.
Cost for the fun-filled evening is just $10 per person/group of 8 per table. For reservations contact Peggy Potter (559) 676-3432. For more information contact Katie Davis (559) 658-2200.
Funds raised will be used to support Sierra Lion’s philanthropic activities that include:
- Scholarships for high school students
- Providing eye glasses and hearing aids for low income people
- Supporting Lion’s Camp Pacifica located between Oakhurst and Mariposa
- Supporting the Lion’s Canine for Independence Program (companion dogs)
- Flags to first graders in five schools (about 270 flags)
- Co-sponsor of Leo Club for high school students
Sierra Senior Center is located at 49111 Cinder Lane in Oakhurst , behind the Community Center off Road 425B.