MADERA COUNTY – Four people were taken into custody after a car containing contraband and a U-Haul minivan were seized in Ahwahnee last weekend.
The U-haul, which has Arkansas plates, was filled with evidence of credit/debit fraud as well as unique artifacts and 60″ flat screen TV.On Friday, Mar. 29, deputies received word of a suspicious U-Haul minivan and a Nissan parked near Road 600 and Little Rock Road in Ahwahnee at around 8:30 p.m.
Inside the U-Haul minivan, deputies found evidence of credit/debit card fraud, including extensive paperwork containing names of credit card holders, account information, a number of blank credit/debit cards, a lap top and a credit/debit card reader.
The four people arrested were:
• Kevan Ryan Young, 21, of Banning, CA, who remains jailed without bail on a warrant issued out of Kings County for narcotics.
• Matthew Wayne Wilkins, 43, of Fresno, who also remains jailed without bail. He is wanted on several felony bench warrants in Fresno, including burglary and narcotics.
• Cutter James Randrup, 25, of Coarsegold was booked for narcotics. He posted his $5,000 bond.
• Kara Nicole Raynor, 27, of Ahwahnee was also arrested for narcotics. She too posted her $5,000 bond.
Additional items found inside the minivan that deputies believe may have been acquired through fraudulent means include:
– A solid wood duck about 8-10″ in length
– A large blue telescope
– A black metal mariner’s lamp, antique with handle
– A old wooden radio
– A 60″ flat screen TV
Deputies say that considering only two of the suspects live in Madera County, while the other two reside elsewhere, there is no way to know where the suspected stolen property was acquired.
Anyone who may have information about these four suspects, and the property found inside the U-Haul is urged to contact the Madera County Sheriff’s Office and reference case # 13-1395, or call CRIME STOPPERS at 559-498-STOP.