CLOVIS — The Sierra National Forest (SNF) is requesting public input for the California 2021 Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program application cycle. Part of the grant process is gathering input or project ideas that individuals and organizations would like to have included in the 2020 submission. This feedback will be considered in development of the preliminary grant applications and as final applications are prepared.
To review and comment on application proposals drafted by the Sierra National Forest, please visit 2021 State Off-Road Vehicle (OHV) grant funding.pdf.
Current application proposals reflect needs informed by prior years, upcoming projects being planned, and comments from a November public meeting.
Written comments may be submitted beginning Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2020, to Sierra National Forest, Attn: Debbie McDougald, 1600 Tollhouse Road, Clovis, CA 93611, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments regarding the OHV funding proposal should be received by end of day, Thursday, Feb. 7, 2020.
On Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020, the SNF will host an open house at its forest headquarters located at 1600 Tollhouse Road in Clovis, between 6 and 8 p.m. to allow for public review and comment on the preliminary 2019 grant cycle application(s.) Feedback from the meeting and the public comment period will be considered in the development of preliminary grant application(s) being sent to the State of California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division.
2021 Grant Cycle – Important Dates to remember:
• Jan. 13, 2020 — Grant application process begins. Application materials are available via the OHMVR Division’s website.
• Jan. 16 – SNF open house for public review and comment.
• March 2 — Preliminary applications are due by 5 p.m.
• March 3 to May 4 — Public review and comment period.
• June 1 — Final applications are due.
• June and July — OHMVR Division review of final applications.
• Aug. 3 — Application Results: Intent to Award posted on the OHMVR Division’s website.
• Aug. 3 to Sept. 2, 2020 — Thirty (30) calendar days appeal period.
• Sept. 3 — Final awards posted on the OHMVR Division’s website upon resolution of any appeals.
For more information please contact Sierra National Forest Acting District Recreation Officer, Debbie McDougald, at 559-855-5355.