CLOVIS — The Sierra National Forest (SNF) is requesting public input for the California 2017/2018 State Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program application cycle.
As part of the grant process, public input or project ideas for this application cycle is needed. Public feedback will be considered as development of the preliminary grant application continues and final applications are prepared.
Each year the State of California makes funding available through the OHMVR Grants Program. This Program provides financial assistance to eligible agencies and organizations (federal, city, county, nonprofit, etc.) who develop, maintain, operate, expand, support, or contribute to well-managed, high quality, OHV recreation areas, roads and trails.
Beginning Mar. 6, the Sierra National Forest’s grant applications will be available for review at http://ohv.parks.ca.gov. The Forest’s OHMVR grant applications for Ground Operations, Education, and Law Enforcement Patrol grants will be available for public review, and input for a comment period of 30 days which will end Apr. 2.
Written comments can be submitted to the OHMVR Division’s Website or mailed to: Sierra National Forest, Attn. Jody Nickerson, 1600 Tollhouse Road, Clovis, CA 93611 or email email@example.com.
2017/2018 Grant Cycle – Important Dates to remember:
- Monday, Mar. 5 – Preliminary applications are due to OHMVR by 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Mar. 6 to Monday, Apr. 2 – Public review and comment period
- Monday, May 7 – Final applications are due to OHMVR
- May 2018 – OHMVR Division reviews final applications
- Monday, Jun. 4 – Application Results / Intent to Award posted on the State OHMVR Division’s website (http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25938)
- Tuesday, June 5 to Wednesday, July 4, thirty-calendar-day appeal period.
- Thursday, July 5 – Final awards posted on the State OHMVR Division’s website upon resolution of any appeals.
For more information, please contact Sierra National Forest Recreation Officer, Jody Nickerson, at 559-297-0706 x 4943 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.