CLOVIS — The Sierra National Forest (SNF) is requesting public input for the California 2019 Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program application cycle.
Part of the grant process is gathering input or project ideas that individuals and organizations would like to have included in the 2019 submission, say officials. This feedback will be considered in development of the preliminary grant applications and as final applications are prepared.
To review and comment on application proposals drafted by the Sierra National Forest, please click here: 2020 State Off-Road Vehicle (OHV) grant funding.pdf.
Current application proposals reflect needs informed by prior years, upcoming projects being planned, and comments from a November 2018 public meeting.
Written comments may be submitted beginning Wednesday, Jan. 9, to Sierra National Forest, Attn. Meredith Hollowell, 1600 Tollhouse Road, Clovis, CA 93611 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments regarding the OHV funding proposal should be received by end of day Thursday, Feb. 7.
On Tuesday, Feb. 5, the SNF will host an open house at its forest headquarters located at 1600 Tollhouse Road in Clovis between 6 and 8 p.m. to allow for public review and comment on the preliminary 2019 grant cycle application(s).
Feedback from the meeting and the public comment period will be considered in the development of preliminary grant application(s) being sent to the State of California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division.
2019 Grant Cycle – Important Dates to remember:
- Tuesday, Feb. 5 – SNF open house for public review and comment
- Thursday, Feb. 7 – Public comments due to SNF for consideration
- Monday, Mar. 4 – Preliminary applications are due to OHMVR by 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Mar. 5 to Monday, May 6 – Second public review and comment period
- Monday, June 3 – Final applications are due to OHMVR
- June and July – OHMVR Division reviews final applications
- Monday, Aug. 5 – Application Results / Intent to Award posted on the State OHMVR Division’s website (http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1164)
- Tuesday, Aug. 6 to Wednesday, Sept. 4 Thirty (30) calendar day appeal period.
- Thursday, Sept. 5 – Final awards posted on the State OHMVR Division’s website upon resolution of any appeals
For more information please contact Sierra National Forest District Recreation Officer Meredith Hollowell, at 559-855-5355 x 3341.