The Sierra National Forest (SNF) has updated its Closure Order for elect recreation sites, roads, and trails. Forest Order 05-15-00-21-26 will be effective on December 16, 2021 through January 20, 2022.
This order supersedes Forest Order 05-15-00-21-23.
Many of the areas listed in this closure are seasonally closed during the late fall/winter months.
Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-26
Sierra National Forest
Recreation Site, Road and Trail Closure Order
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Sierra National Forest. This Order is effective from December 16, 2021, through January 20, 2022.
1. Entering or using the Developed Recreation Sites listed in Exhibit A. 36 C.F.R. § 261.58(b).
2. Being on the National Forest System roads listed in Exhibit A. 36 C.F.R. § 261.54(e).
3. Being on the National Forest System trails listed in Exhibit A. 36 C.F.R. § 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Any Federal, State, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
2. Persons with a Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order), specifically exempting them from this Order.
These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions contained in 36 C.F.R. Part 261,
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both. 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 18 U.S.C. §§ 3559, 3571, and 3581.
Executed in Clovis, California on December 15, 2021.