Clovis, CA – The Sierra National Forest (SNF) is requesting public input by way of virtual meeting on February 10th, 2021, for the California 2021 Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program application cycle.
The purpose of this meeting is for the public to comment on the Forest’s OHV preliminary 2021 grant cycle application (funds are for 2022). Feedback from the meeting will be considered into the development of the preliminary grant application to the State of California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division. The Forest’s applications will focus on maintaining off-road vehicle routes, facilities, signage, law enforcement, and education.
This public meeting will be a virtual open house on Wednesday, February 10th, 2021, utilizing Microsoft TEAMs, between 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Specific software is not needed for this meeting platform; however, a good internet connection is important. To attend, please RSVP by noon on February 10th, to Ted Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org and the meeting invite will be sent to your email address.
To review the application proposals drafted by the Sierra National Forest prior to the February 10th meeting, please see here: 2021 State Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) grant proposals.pdf. Current application proposals reflect needs informed by prior years’ input, upcoming projects being planned, and comments from December stakeholder meeting.
Each year the State of California makes funding available through the OHV Grants Program. The Grants Program provides financial assistance to eligible agencies and organizations (federal, city, county, nonprofit, etc.) that develop, maintain, operate, expand, support, or contribute to well-managed, high quality, OHV recreation areas, roads, and trails.
2016/2017 Grant Cycle – Important Dates:
- March 1, 2021: Preliminary applications are due.
- March 2nd through May 3, 2021: Public review and comment period. Applications will be available for public comment at OHMVR Division’s website http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/.
- June 7, 2021: Final applications are due.
- June and July 2021: OHMVR Division review of final applications.
- August 2, 2021: Application Results – Intent to Award posted on the OHMVR Division’s website.
- August 3rd through September 1, 2021: Thirty (30) calendar day appeal period.
- September 2, 2021: Final awards posted on the OHMVR Division’s website upon resolution of any appeals.
For more information on the Sierra National Forest Recreation Program, please contact Sierra National Forest Recreation Officer, Jody Nickerson-Powell via email at email@example.com.