CLOVIS — The Sierra National Forest (SNF) is requesting public input for the California 2020/2021 State Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program application cycle.
As part of the grant process, the SNF is requesting public comment on the draft applications submitted to the State. This Public feedback will be considered as development of the preliminary grant application continues and final applications are prepared.
Each year the State of California makes funding available through the OHMVR Grants Program.
The Grants Program provides financial assistance to eligible agencies and organizations (federal, city, county, nonprofit, etc.) that develop, maintain, operate, expand, support, or contribute to well-managed, high quality, OHV recreation areas, roads, and trails.
Beginning March 2nd, 2021 the SNF’s grant applications (4 total) will be available for review at: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov.
The Forest’s OHMVR grant applications for Ground Operations, Development, Education, and Law Enforcement Patrol grants will be available for public review and comment until May 3rd, 2021.
Written comments can be submitted to the OHMVR Division’s Website or mailed to: Sierra National Forest, Attn. Jody Nickerson-Powell, 1600 Tollhouse Road, Clovis, CA 93611 or email email@example.com.
2020/2021 Grant Cycle – Important Dates to remember:
- March 1, 2021 -Preliminary applications are due
- March 2nd to May 3rd, 2021 – Public review and comment period
- June 7, 2021 – Final applications are due
- June and July 2021 – OHMVR Division review of final applications
- August 2, 2021 – Intent to Award posted on OHMVR Division’s website
- August 1st to September 1st, 2021 – Thirty calendar day appeal period
- September 2, 2021 – Final awards posted on the OHMVR Division’s website upon resolution of any appeals
For more information, please contact Sierra National Forest Recreation Officer, Jody Nickerson-Powell, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.