Sierra National Forest Continues Closures for select recreation sites, roads and trails.
The Sierra National Forest (SNF) announces the closure extension of select recreation sites, roads and trails. Closure Order No. 05-15-00-21-05 SNF Recreation Site, Road and Trail Closure. The purpose of Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-05 is to provide for public safety due the unprecedented number of hazard trees, erosion, and repair efforts to respective recreation sites, roads, and trails. This Order will be effective from April 22, 2021, through May 26, 2021. Considering the termination of this Order early will commence if conditions change.
This Order supersedes Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-05
Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-05 Sierra National Forest Recreation Site, Road and Trail Closure
This Order is effective from April 22, 2021 – May 26, 2021.
See full closure order click link: Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-05 (Order)
See full Record please click link: Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-05 (Record)
Entering or using the Developed Recreation Sites on the National Forest System, being on the National Forest System Roads, and being on the Natioal Forest System Trails lands within the Sierra National Forest
Closure Area as listed here in Exhibit A
If you plan on visiting the SNF we ask that you practice, and maintain, responsible/safe recreational practices, at all-times including:
- Research road conditions and make sure your vehicle is mechanically ready;
- Avoid areas with dead standing trees, look up before you choose a trail, park your car, or set your camp, always be aware of your surroundings;
- Avoid large gatherings and maintain your physical distance while recreating;
- Let family and friends know your plans, destination and return home, in the event of an unexpected emergency. Remember cell service in the Forest may not be available;
- Pack out your trash and leave with everything you bring in and use;
- All services may not be available, so please plan accordingly, do you part.
- Recreate Responsibly!
We appreciate your cooperation in keeping our national forests safe for everyone’s use.