EASTERN MADERA COUNTY — The campaign committee, Citizens, Firefighters, & Deputies for Measure L is holding a series of public safety forums in Madera County to discuss the proposed Madera County Public Safety Sales Tax, titled Measure L, scheduled for a special election on Mar. 7.
The forums will include speakers who represent citizens, Madera County firefighters and sheriff’s deputies. There will be an opportunity for residents to have their questions answered about the proposed dedicated tax to fund the Madera County Fire Department and hire nine new deputies at the Sheriff’s Office.
Public Safety Forum Campaign Schedule:
- Monday, Feb. 13 — North Fork Rancheria Community Center · 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 15 — Ranchos Middle School · 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 16 — Oakhurst Community Center · 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 17 — Coarsegold Community Center · 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 21 — Leaders for Christ Training Center, Raymond – 6:30 p.m.
Please check the campaign website events section for updates and forum information. www.YesOnLMaderaCounty.com
To learn more about Measure L so that you can have your questions ready, please visit http://madera-county.com/Proposed-Public-Safety-Sales-Tax.htm