AHWAHNEE – Another successful day on the fireline brings the containment of the Oak Fire to 50 percent. The estimated size is still holding at 390 acres.
The fire started on Saturday, Sept. 22 at 3:44 p.m. off Lonesome Oak Road north of Road 620.
At 2 p.m. today, evacuation orders were lifted for the communities of Cedarbrook and Timberloft. The areas remain under advisory evacuation notice and are open to residents only.
All mandatory evacuation orders on Road 620 were reduced to pre-evacuation advisory status as of 8 p.m. yesterday. Road 620 opened to residents only last night.
The following areas are still under mandatory evacuation:
- Lone Sequoia Campground
- Miami Motorcycle Trails closed to all traffic
- Road 620 from Miami Creek to just west of Lonesome Oak Lane (Open to Residents Only)
- Miami Motorcycle Trails (Closed to All Traffic)
- Lonesome Oak Lane
- Buckeye Gap Trail
- North side of Road 620 between Lonesome Oak Lane and Badger Hollow Trail
- Road 620 (north side) between Road 628 and Mojo Lane
- Road 620 (north side) between Buckeye Gap Trail and Old Yosemite Road
- Old Yosemite Road
- Sunshine Mountain Road
Fire personnel are still active in the area. Please reduce speeds and drive with caution.
For additional information on returning home after a wildfire, click here.
There are no new evening maps. The maps below are from this morning’s briefing.