This is a community awareness-raising event designed to highlight the important relationship between community members and our local emergency programs, first responders, non-profits and law enforcement, including:
- California Highway Patrol
- Madera County Sheriff’s Office
- Cal Fire
- Sierra Ambulance
- California Fish and Wildlife
- Sierra Tel
- Central California Blood Center
- Assemblyman Frank Bigelow
- American Red Cross
- California State Parks
- U.S. Forest Service
- Oakhurst Area Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster
- Central California Animal Disaster Team
- Sierra News Online
- Madera County District Attorney’s Office
- Madera County Probation
- Madera County Registrar Rebecca Martinez
- Yosemite High School Leos
- North Fork Chamber of Commerce
- Sal’s Taco Truck
- Larry’s Hot Dogs
- Steven’s Italian Ice
- Matsumoto Samurai’s Kitchen
- Albert Figueroa – Fig Productions
It’s a chance for everyone to stop in and become familiar with all the emergency services in our area, take a look at all the equipment, ask questions, and get to know the officers, firefighters and EMS personnel. This is all about creating awareness and understanding in the community.
Guests can also visit with their elected officials and check out merchandise from local vendors. There will plenty of booths set up where people can learn more about each agency and the men and women who serve as our first responders.
National Night Out is held in communities across the United States. The event dates back to 1984 when about 2.5 million community members came out to mingle with emergency services. Today, the event is said to attract more than 38 million people, nationwide.
Make an evening of it as the mountain area celebrates our Emergency Services and our community, and get to know those who respond when emergency calls.