MARIPOSA — The Mariposa Yosemite Rotary Club invites graduating seniors to apply for memorial scholarships by visiting their website at www.mariposarotary.org and filling out the appropriate paperwork to get started.
Memorial scholarships are available to all graduating seniors at Mariposa County High School and home schooled students who are Mariposa County residents.
Several Rotarians have lost children and the club desires to honor their memories with these scholarships.
Mariposa Yosemite Rotary Memorial Scholarships will be awarded to Mariposa High School seniors who have shown steady growth in many areas during their four years of high school, say organizers. Rotarians are looking for well-rounded, dedicated and determined students who have been active in school leadership and school service, school activities, athletics, community service and outside youth activities.
While participating in all of these activities, the students must have maintained good grades to the best of his or her ability.
“We are looking for individuals who demonstrate service to the community, and who possess determination, strength, caring, a friendly spirit and love of family, friends and life.”
The recipients of this scholarship should be able to exhibit all of these attributes.
Criteria: applicants must…
- be a senior at Mariposa County High School, or affiliated school.
- plan on furthering his or her education at a college.
- type the official application form.
- submit a copy of his or her high school transcript with this application.
- type a one-page statement describing why he or she feels deserving of this scholarship.
- submit two letters of recommendation, one of which may not be from someone affiliated with the school.
- allow a period of 15-20 minutes for a personal interview.
Last year Mariposa Yosemite Rotary gave $26,000 in scholarships.
The deadline for applications is Friday, Mar. 17.