MARIPOSA COUNTY – The Mariposa County Health and Human Services Agency dashboard is showing that a total of 3649 county residents have been tested as of July 31 at 7:35 a.m. Of the residents tested there have been only 53 positive cases, with 44 people having recovered, leaving only seven active cases.
There are currently no hospitalizations and the morbidity remains at two, both with underlying health conditions.
With a population of 17,471 (2018 US Census Bureau) Mariposa County has been fortunate that the COVID-19 pandemic has relatively minimal impact on it, compared to some of the neighboring counties.
On July 13, 2020, the state of California announced that ALL counties must close bars and restrict indoor operations in the following sectors:
- Dine-in restaurants
- Wineries and tasting rooms
- Movie theaters
- Family entertainment centers (e.g., bowling alleys, miniature golf centers, batting cages, and arcades)
- Zoos and museums
- Card rooms
Counties who are on the monitoring list must also restrict indoor operations at:
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Places of worship and cultural ceremonies, such as weddings and funerals
- Offices for non-critical infrastructure sectors
- Personal care services, such as nail salons and body waxing
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Shopping malls
Mariposa County has been one of the few counties in the State that has a very low positivity rate and has been able to steer clear of the Governor’s monitoring list.
For more information about the monitoring list, please go to https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap-counties.