Submitted by the Lynn Northrup of the Raymond Museum
In December of 1912 the town of Raymond decided to publish a newspaper with one H.S. Martin as its editor. There was a printing office somewhere in the town and at least 25 weeks of the paper were published. This is No. 25 dated May 8th, 1913, and the only copy we have been able to find. The paper is not listed in any newspaper archives and no one knows what became of the paper or where the printing press may have gone. We at the Raymond Museum are searching for any other copies or even fragments of the Raymond Progress or any information at all about the paper.
Submitted by Lynn Northrup – Raymond Museum
The North Fork History Group thanks you for the great response to the February History Mystery. There was only one comment left on the SierraNewsOnline comment page, but there were a lot of comments on their Facebook page. There were several locations mentioned and we will check all of them out. The Hotel Jeffery in Coulterville received the most comments.