MARIPOSA COUNTY – Caltrans crews have cleared the roadway on SR-140 in Mariposa County and it is now open.
Crews will continue to patrol for any obstacles that may fall into the roadway, especially in areas that have recently burned during wildfires.
Motorists should slow down and use extreme especially in curvy areas where whatever is around the next corner may not be obvious.
Some Additional Tips For Travel:
CARRY A TRAVEL KIT
- Have blankets, extra clothing, food and water, towels, a shovel, a flashlight, and road flares.
- Have a fully charged cell phone before leaving and carry a car charger.
- Turn on headlights to see and be seen and turn off cruise control.
- Avoid quick starts, stops and fast turns. Accelerate, brake and steer smoothly and gradually.
- Keep additional distance from other vehicles and do not tailgate.
CHECK CONDITIONS FREQUENTLY
- Check out Caltrans’ “QuickMap” for current road conditions and chain requirements at http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov. A mobile version is also available.
- Motorists also can use the California Highway Information Network automated phone service by calling 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).
- Caltrans issues road condition updates on Twitter @CaltransDist10 and on Facebook at CaltransDistrict10.
For updated road conditions check the Caltrans website or call 1-800-427-7623.