AHWAHNEE — One woman with $10 can buy another woman lunch. Ten women with $10 can buy another woman’s groceries. One hundred women with $10 can make a real difference in another woman’s life.
Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Time: 6 p.m.
Place: The Hitchin’ Post
Please RSVP by Sunday, November 13.
Raffle and auction items can be dropped off at Tokens, located at 40410 Hwy. 41, Oakhurst, Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In 1980, Elinor Harlow visited Bass Lake with some friends and fell in love with the mountains. She began bartending at the old Snowline and also at the original Ducey’s.
During that time, Elinor met and married Dale Williams. In 1986, her daughter Tanah was born and then in 1990, her son Wade.
Over time, Elinor worked at The Pines and the Hitchin’ Post where a couple of her customers dubbed her “the Iron Bitch.” The nickname stuck. She also worked at the Raymond General Store and the Quickmart.
After Elinor and Wade divorced she raised her children as a single mom. In 2001, she began dating her current husband, Buzz Harlow. Having her own motorcycle had always been a dream so she began lifting weights for what would be her first of three sportsters. She enjoyed her time on those bikes like nothing else until September 17 this year.
While riding behind her husband, Elinor went down in a horrific accident. She broke 31 bones and suffered cuts, road rash, and bruises that probably should have killed her. In true “Iron Bitch” form she somehow has pulled through.
Her family brought her home from the care facility to care for her as only family can and will do. She credits the prayers of family and friends for her survival.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Elinor’s family (Natahna, Buzz, and Wade)
H.O.W. It Works
• You must RESERVE your seat on mysosevent.com. We begin check-in at 6 p.m., raffle drawing at 7 p.m. Dinner is open seating. RSVP deadline is Sunday, November 13th.
• To reserve your seat visit mysosevent.com, search for the event “HOW Oakhurst Celebrates Elinor Harlow.” Sign in, click RESERVE, SELECT a TICKET. Bringing guests? ADD ANOTHER TICKET for each guest.
• Dinner to be purchased from the restaurant.
• A $10.00 minimum monetary recipient gift is collected at the door, payable in cash or check only. Checks to be made payable to Elinor Harlow.
• Raffle, silent and/or live auction items available! Prize drawing tickets available for purchase. $1 per ticket or $5 for six tickets.
• ALL monies collected are gifted to our recipient, Elinor.
HOW Oakhurst Team
- Sue Higgins
- Jennifer Snyder
- Nancy Fikkert
- Kim Morris
• Interested in contributing a prize drawing, auction item or donation? Drop off your gifts Tuesday thru Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Tokens, 40410 Hwy 41 in Oakhurst. Contact a HOW Leader if you’re not able to deliver.
• Men and well-behaved children are welcome to attend our events!
• Want to make your own nomination? Simply attend our HOW Dinner and complete a nomination form. One person may complete one nomination form per dinner, so bring friends! Not sure your recipient qualifies to be nominated? Contact HOW Oakhurst for guidelines. Elinor will randomly draw next month’s nominee at the end of the evening.
• You do not have to know our recipient to attend a HOW Dinner. Everyone is welcome!
The Hitchin’ Post
42592 Hwy 49
Ahwahnee, CA 93601
The overwhelming emotional & heartfelt support that we give our recipients is the energy behind the Helping One Woman Organization.