Submitted by Don Grove –
NORTH FORK – Grace Community Church is offering field trips for the North Fork community, calling these trips “In Our Own Backyard,”with visits to Oakhurst, Mariposa and Madera.
Please note prices and due dates, as we need to book in advance and plan for drivers. You may sign up as an individual, a couple or a group. Matters not; all are welcome! Students are asked to attend with parents or an adult friend.
Please join us for any or all of these opportunities.
These “field trip” events are open to everyone, but you must pre-register. We’ll take care of tickets and transportation (start/end Grace Community Church). Please join us for a great outing and comradery!
Mariposa: Mining and Mineral Museum & Mariposa History Center; lunch at Sugar Pine Café
- Who: All ages
- What: Visits to two museums in Mariposa
- When: Saturday, July 21. Meet at GCC at 9 a.m., return at 4 p.m.
- Cost: $20 per person, includes entrances and transportation; lunch pay on your own
Madera: Fossil Discovery Center & Madera Historical Museum, lunch at Black Bear Diner
- Who: all ages
- What: Visits to Dinosaur Fossil Discovery Center (in Fairmead) and Madera Historical Museum
- Where: Madera
- When: Saturday, Sept. 8. Meet at GCC at 9 a.m., return at 4 p.m.
- Cost: $20 per person, includes entrances and transportation (plus dig for kids); lunch pay on your own or bring a bag lunch
If you have any questions, please contact Barb Colliander at 559-877-7796 or 559-760-1612, or Judy Ahrens at 559-877-4269.
Click below for registration form.